The failure mileage was approximately 1. Sometimes the vehicle feels like it is coming apart it shakes so hard. 0000031852 00000 n I took it to my local mechanic and it was not a suspension, tire or drive shaft issue. Tl* the contact owns a 2018 chevrolet colorado. Any liquid leaks down directly upon sensitive exposed electrical dip switches needed to shift the truck. But they told me they couldn't recreate the nosie so they couldn't even check the steering shaft for me. JavaScript is disabled. Finally and just this week I have a dealership that is saying a code came up saying the transmission fluid needs to be change since they receive a service technical bulletin saying the wrong transmission fluid was original installed and needs to be replaced. I have addressed this with my dealership and told them I don't feel comfortable driving it. The failure mileage was 1,500. Instead, Colorado owners seem to have acquired a lame horse instead. The dash lights go out . Acceleration is very poor unless aggressive accelerator is used. Intermittent problem with ignition key not being able to be removed. Wants to stall/slip shifting up in gears. WHEN THE VEHICLE IS TURNED OFF AND STARTED SEVERAL HOURS LATER THERE IS NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT OR ANY OTHER LIGHT ON. 79 0 obj <> endobj The failure mileage was 15,000. I am taking it back for a third time before warranty runs out. Ul(bTh(xc *l&bq6!AqD#+ M8&0}`b0_AeS,;5H0p THE NEXT DAY AFTER I PICKED THE TRUCK UP, IT DID THE SAME EXACT THING! The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. 15. There are several engine options available on the 2018 Chevrolet Colorado. Hard shifting at low speeds and when decelerating (feels like I was rear ended). To fix the problem, the radio must be removed from the truck and sent to a radio repair shop. It doesnt matter which one of these is faulty; it becomes a significant inconvenience to the owner. In September 2019, the plaintiffs filed an amended . Then hooking a 6k pound tt and heading to the mountains. They towed the truck to cox chevrolet, where I purchased the vehicle brand new only a year ago. Compensation for potential legal violations, and any results obtained, depends upon the specific factual and legal circumstances of each case. One of our staff members will call you shortly. If I am able to drive without stopping, there will be no issues. They couldn't get it to shudder. The tire guy looked rotated my tires and balanced them again (told me nothing wrong with balance but showed me his guys would go ahead and rebalance). Description: This Preliminary Information communication advises the technician that the 2016, 2017 and 2018 Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyons equipped with the 2.8L Diesel engine Regular Production Option Code (LWN) E98 Engine Control Module part numbe. Varied inconsistency. 1996-chevy-silverado-manual 1/5 Downloaded from cobi. Flushing and replacing the transmission fluid or getting a new torque converter appeared to solve the issue in some vehicles. I started after I moved from North Dakota to Oregon pulling a 12' cargo trailer. You must be a real GM guy for sure. Open the hood. 79 29 We reported issues with our thermostat to our dealer back in september of 2022. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. I took it back because it was not the problem. Chevrolet montebello delearship in california refused to do any work on our 2018 chevrolet colorado. Diagnosis fees cost around $88-$111. The check engine light will flash and then go solid. Thats not saying you may not have an issue later on, but what Im saying is whatever that new fluid is, its going to be put in the assembly line now that the 'solution' has been identified. On multiple occasion the dash controls will freeze buttons will not work and touch screen will not work I took it in to the dealer and they told me that nothing is wrong with the vehicle. Though it was tires , but turned out not to be the issue. One driver on Edmunds has several complaints about comfort and technologies. 221 people reported the engine misfiring because of a worn valve seat. New 2022 Chevy Silverado HD Carhartt Edition - Read A Biography readabiography.com. I still have been unable to fix this issue. He said you have a good warranty don't worry but I need solution and the dealer doesn't show any interest to fix my truck problem, I have to rent a car apparently was cover for my insurance but a week later they call me because they have a issue with the car I rent and just rented for 24 hours. Owners may contact Buick customer service at 1-800-521-7300, Cadillac customer service at 1-800-458-8006, Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020, or GMC customer service at 1-800-462-8782. The law makes Chevrolet pay legal fees. This was first noticed when I used 4wd auto mode for the first time in october 2018. EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING! 2023 Chevy Colorado Z71 vs Colorado Trail Boss Exterior Comparison: Video 2023 Chevy Colorado. We may earn a commission for purchases made through our links. They verified leaking came from defective oil cooler line hose. Unknown if I can get them inspected upon request at my local dealer as they have not been the best with customer service. The service technician we were working with said they were not going to deal with us anymore bc I made a complaint to gm and I would need to deal with them directly they refused to provide me any documentation even after their service manager said they would. I'm am old guy and sometimes drive like an old guy but every now and then I put the tranny in drive and just floor it and see how fast the truck gets to before it shifts into the 8th gear. Anything under this threshold is most likely under performance of these transmissions. Hiday motors in bluffton, indiana was made aware of the failure. Shuddering, fogging up from the inside in cold weather, and very squeaky brakes. 2018 Chevy Colorado Transmission Cost The value of a new 2018 Chevy Colorado transmission could be over $3,500 depending on the vehicle, however, transmission services such as fluid changes and a transmission fluid flush are considerably less expensive, in some cases costing less than $150. The Chevy Colorado was first introduced in 2003 and that first generation, as well as its twin, the GMC Canyon, stayed on the market from 2004 to 2012. The contact stated that the driver and passenger sides of the fender wheel/cargo bed were buckling and rippling. This is a terrible problem that needs fixin. The service advisor saw it but the technician said could not duplicate. Although this was ongoing whenever driving, the truck continued to operate normally otherwise. The manufacturer was not informed of the failure. But that is just for the ones that fail early on. 2:19-cv-11044-DML-DRG)) was filed on April 10, 2019, which was consolidated with class action lawsuits filed by several other consumers on behalf of people who purchased or leased certain cars equipped with an 8L45 or 8L90 GM transmission.. https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/216529-16-na-175-8-speed-shudder-update/, 2nd Gen Chevrolet Colorado Forum / 2015 GMC Canyon. The engine shut off and the vehicle would not disengage from park. Transmission exhibits intermittent hesitation, jerking and shaking when taking off from a stop and reverse lurching while at highway speeds. 0000023395 00000 n My vehicle shakes and shutters when accelerating. They would prefer more USB ports than the two provided in the front. We have taken it in for repairs 3 times and the last time we were told the issue could not be fix and that it was normal. I am an automotive technician, and I'm very familiar with variable timing actuators. Replacing electrical switches cost me 2. The failure mileage was approximately 65,000. Truck is three years old. They found the interior to be minimal and the storage lacking compared to other trucks in the class. Then that evening as temp had dropped, when turned on truck it blew hot then cold then back to hot. Loose rattling sheet metal or other parts in drivers door pillar near sidewall airbag area. Tl* the contact owns a 2018 chevrolet colorado. It has been in their shop for over 2 weeks now. 3.6L V6 6 Spd. More information can be found with ge service information (si) as a techinical service bulletin (tsb). Message or call 877-795-3666 today. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Landmark Supreme Court Decision Made in Lemberg Laws Facebook Robocalling Suit, Lemberg Law Wins Class Certification in Robocall Case. Towed to dealership. No error codes found and dealership states it was a faulty transfer case. Chevy colorado a bad vibration in drivetrain. A recommendation if you're considering buying a Canyon or Colorado with a 8-speed or 6-speed automatic: Make sure it was built . On a cold start there is a clunk noise. Loss of power equals a tire issue? chevy-silverado-1996-repair-manual 1/3 Downloaded from appcontent. The most common problem with the 2018 model year is shuddering and vibrating. There is a service bulletin #pi1429b. Have gone to mechanic and dealership and they can't get it to duplicate. This resulted in a drained battery and the truck would not start. The transmission in my truck shakes, shimmies, vibrates, shutters when driving and shakes, shimmies vibrates even at idle. I am a retired paratrooper with verifiable severe nerve damage to my back and lower legs and this vehicle causes serious physical and neurological problems when driving highway speeds. endstream endobj 80 0 obj <> endobj 81 0 obj <>/Font<>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text/ImageC/ImageI]/XObject<>>>/Rotate 0/Type/Page>> endobj 82 0 obj <> endobj 83 0 obj <> endobj 84 0 obj <> endobj 85 0 obj [/Indexed/DeviceCMYK 255 105 0 R] endobj 86 0 obj <>stream From 2012 until the current 2020 model, the Chevy Colorado has been in its second iteration. 2018 Chevrolet Colorado Recall NHTSA 18V358000 Sponsored Links You may also like. I have to coast to the shoulder of the road, turn on the hazards, put in park, and restart the vehicle. hb```b``^ @16- The vehicle was taken to all american chevrolet of san angelo (203 north bryant blvd, san angelo, tx 76903, 844-342-6320), but was not diagnosed or repaired. Therefore having to stop in the middle of the road cause I could t see almost getting hit. 6-liter v6, transmission 8-speed model 8l45. : 18-NA-355 7. Chevrolet Colorado 2016 2019 MYB, MYC, MYD Express 2014 Silverado 2018 Silverado LD Silverado 2019 2019 1500 (New Model) GMC Canyon 2016 2019 Savana 2014 Sierra 2018 Sierra Limited 2019 2019 . While some electrical systems of the truck are for valuable system operations, other systems are for creature comforts and amenities. Only 4150 miles on the truck! 0000033949 00000 n Has been meticulously serviced and maintained. I'm guessing they applied that tune on top of what they did after the swapped out the parts. And GM will only pay the dealers to do the new flush, if a test report shows the truck is actually shuddering (not just because you might want it). This is clearly a malfunction. CHEVROLET IS NOT LISTENING TO ALL THE COMPLAINTS. The vehicles included in the class action are: - 2015-2017 Cadillac Escalade - 2015-2017 Cadillac Escalade ESV Whole truck vibrates like you are driving over rumble strips. 2018 Chevrolet Colorado Transmission Problems Find something helpful? From some online forums I've read, the problem only seems to get worse and has happened to others around 30-40 mph. Went to dealer he said it has been happening in trucks. -- temp is set 72 and outside is 85 - why do I have to put on auto to get cold air to blow out or adjust down to get? It was wired back together but is still not fixed. And in the end, I don't think the new/modern active learning transmissions benefits for a few more MPG's is worth given up rugged reliability and having a transmission with normal shift points/behavior. TL* THE CONTACT OWNS A 2018 CHEVROLET COLORADO. Recall List for the 2018 Chevrolet Colorado Official recalls have been issued for the 2018 Chevrolet Colorado by the NHTSA. All steel, heavy duty transmissions. The transmission stutters at various speeds and is very pronounced while going up an incline. The 2017 Chevy Colorado is supposed to be functional like the Silverado on a smaller scale. As that publication states, a broken carrier ring could prevent the transmission from operating as intended. - identified variable speed occurrence could happen at 25 or 65. A damaged fuel line can create a fuel leak, increasing the risk of a fire. 0 Chevrolet has been notified but has said they cannot help if dealership can't find the problem. We are Lemberg Law, a Consumer Law Firm. The contact stated that when coming to a stop the vehicle would down shift with out warning. At speed and on acceleration, vehicle pulls intermittently and sharply. Despite this, the interior does not appear high end and lacks valuable driver-assist technology. The vehicle was not running and had been parked for about 5 minutes when a vehicle fire occurred (starting in the engine compartment). 2018 Chevrolet Colorado User Complaints and Problems Mechanical problems: A few complaints about the transmission shifting gears roughly and stuttering have been reported. Engine options include: We're pleased with the Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible infotainment system. These reviews, gathered from Edmunds, address a variety of Chevy Colorado pros and cons across model years. Had it towed it to nearest dealership. 0000000876 00000 n The main problem with any class action suit is, the people it effects get nothing and the lawyers get new vacation homes. No check engine lights, no noises or vibrations to tell me truck is going to shut off. This can cause the transmission to slip or "hunt" for the correct gear, and can also lead to premature wear on the clutch and other components. Do not assume that you are entitled to any compensation as a result of the consumer complaints you have. Engine was chugging and making odd noises. I have called the dealership and I keep getting the run around and cannot even get a decent call back. The contact was considering replacing the windshield with an aftermarket windshield. Many thanks. This problem tends to appear around 75,124 miles and can cost from $88 to $111 to fix. We had reliable transmissions in the sixties. *tt. I've notified the dealer but they don't seem to think anything is wrong or not functioning properly. Some of the main concerns are related to noisy powertrains, defective diesel engine sensors and faulty infotainment centers. Lots of torque. 2005 Chevy Malibu Headlight Wiring Diagram 2005 Chevy Malibu intended for 2007 Chevy Malibu Electrical Wiring Diagrams by admin From the thousands of photographs on the internet regarding 2007 Chevy Malibu Electrical Wiring Diagrams, we picks the very best selections having best image resolution exclusively for you, and now this images is usually . THIS ALMOST RESULTED IN ACCIDENTS WHEN BACKING UP INTO A PARKING SPOT. There was a lot of guys that got their torque converter replaced a year or 2 ago and the chugging returned in no time. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. WHEN THE TRUCK IS PUT IN AUTO 4WD MODE WHILE PARKED, INSTEAD OF THE 4WD ENGAGING AS NECESSARY, IT ENGAGES IMMEDIATELY UPON MOTION. But in many cases, this could really hit consumers hard with issues after the warranty is expired. NHTSA Reference #10123236. 0000029402 00000 n 0000001819 00000 n Gmcustomercare took my concerns and asked my resolution which was check battery for bad cell, be aware of first transmission problem in arlington va and the current problem of vehicle shaking. Cab. Chevrolet Express 1998 Workshop Manual 1 Ton Van 7. Actually there is a TSB that came out in like May. I do not feel safe driving the it. 0000012972 00000 n They had the transmission flushed and replaced the torque converter under warranty, but neither solution fixed the problem. Last time it left me stranded at my veterinary clinic at 1 am after dealing with an emergency because the battery died. It has been at dealer for 9 days because they are doing 9 vehicles a day for this problem. The contact stated that the dimmer switch did not activate when the vehicle was in motion. Replaced the cut seal. And to use it in the truck when you already know its having problems? I changed tires. 0000012511 00000 n Can DTC codes cause a broken transmission? After following up numerous times with no actionable timeline from the dealer we consulted with a secondary mechanic who confirmed the issue was related to a thermostat sensor malfunction and would require a replacement thermostat. For someone that doesnt expect them, these sounds could become quite alarming, or you could just crank up the radio and forget about it. Are they waiting on a dangerous deadly accident before they acknowledge and recall the vehicle and repair this dangerous situation! Several times I'll be driving down the road at or around 45mph and the truck will start shuddering so bad I feel like I have to pull off the road. Stay tuned.. thanks for your complaints .i was going to buy a 2018 colorado .but since i read this i wont. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. They are supposed to be putting a new trans oil in also that will cure the problem. I can put gear in park position, turn key to off, then start the truck like normal. When I go on line I find that this seems to be a common problem with a lot of colorado owners. I am in a group on facebook for this vehicle and others are experiencing the same issue. This issue is a well-known one for the Chevrolet Colorado LT, in which the TPS or throttle position sensor fails for a number of reasons: The OBD trouble code will be P2135. I have a 2018 Z71 Colorado and it shakes and vibrates. You can also see the shake in the steering wheel if you look closely at it. 18 month of ownership, 18 trips to the dealer. The first time for 2 days and they said they could not duplicate the problem. The truck vibrates , stutters some times when driving. A class action lawsuit was recently filed in response to transmission defects in GM vehicles that can cause shaking, jerking while shifting, shifting hard, clunks and hesitations due to the 8L90 and 8L45 transmissions. We were then told the thermostat required replacements but there was no part in existence and they would notify us when it became available. The customer could notice an exhaust fluid quality poor message on the Driver Information Center or see the diesel exhaust fluid warning lamp as well. When driving if a side window is dropped less than an inch, vehicle shakes, vibrates and make odd noises. General Motors is facing a class action lawsuit that alleges some of its automatic eight-speed Chevrolet, Cadillac and GMC vehicles have a defect in their transmissions. Not very happy! Happens frequently and so far, starting it, putting it into drive or reverse and move a bit, then back into park will work. Blamed it on the tires. My first truck. I work everyday but Sundays and dont have the time for the games they are playing on these Colorados I just want them to come get and terminate my lease do to the know problems. Both built like tanks and have not been updated in years. Most common in model years 2004-2009, most people noticed the issue around 107,358 miles. *tr. While approaching a stop, the vehicle downshifted without warning. Generally, a Chevy Silverado transmission can cost $2000 to $3500. These distractions impair safe operation of the vehicle. My truck was not loaded with any extra weight or anything to cause it to roll down the hill. The contact had to use extra strength to operate the vehicle. The service tech was not been able to replicate the issue. Well the issue still holds and the truck's climate control (blending process) has as issue in getting the temp adjusted on startup. Call our Helpline today! The transmission has a very hard down shift when coming to a stop. What to Buy: Jeep Cherokee or Jeep Grand Cherokee? Sound off and share your experience with other visitors in the comment box below. Obviously, it is manufacturing problem. The line gets hot when air conditioning is used. at another dealership this time. The contact pulled into a ditch to avoid a semi truck behind his vehicle. Upon accelerating the vehicle onto a 3 lane road, all warning lights came on in the vehicle. I am writing to inform you of a safety issue with my 2018 chevrolet colorado. Transmission can down shift so hard, at times, it feels like someone hit your from behind. Seems to be related to the shift lever, moving that back and forth can usually rectify the problem after many attempts. Picked up truck and ran fine for a week, then had same issue on busy road. Check out 2018 Chevrolet Colorado Truck review: BuzzScore Rating, price details, trims, interior and exterior design, MPG and gas tank capacity, dimensions. And there is plenty of internal TSB's and other documentation to prove that. Various forums indicate there is a design flaw with the dssv for the zr2. Chevrolet Problems identified the most common issues and frequent complaints from owners: The 2nd generation, which includes models from years 2015-2019, received an 11.47 PainRank, the worst of the two Colorado generations. From low speed, it doesn't downshift to accelerate unless the pedal is floored. The vehicle had yet to be repaired. The 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 (Image courtesy of General Motors) We've begun working on a reliability series that will eventually (hopefully) cover every pickup and SUV on the market. Known issue to gm, however, dealers refuse to perform the solution provided by gm in the absence of a recall. Vehicle has not been off-road. Please enter a valid email adress, Your phone Whats your phone number? The firms main office is located at 43 Danbury Road, Wilton, Connecticut. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. Melted wires are also a fire hazard. Steering wheel also starting to get stuck in turn position when turning right. THIS IS A DANGEROUS PROBLEM AND SHOULD BE INVESTIGATED BEFORE SOMEONE GETS HURT. Is this just a band aid for a bigger problem. There was no reason for these airbags to have gone off. Reports state that the CDs either wouldn't play or wouldn't eject. He said thicker trans oil should fix it. Click on a problem below to read more. Help, Have had truck to two different dealers 5 or six times for vibration getting run around for over a year. Interestingly, the dealerships, in this case, dont know what the problem is considering GM has addressed it directly. Often, engine revs to 4500 to 5000 RPM but there is no acceleration until transmission catches up - dangerous situations occur." 433 people reported that the air conditioning blower did not work correctly because of a failed resistor, the most widespread issue mentioned. They're still trying to fully understand the electrical issues since it is so random. First happened about 2 weeks ago, just one time while exiting my driveway. Chevrolet doc# 4811390 documents a fleet wide problem with the colorado. THE CONTACT STATED THAT THE DIMMER SWITCH DID NOT ACTIVATE WHEN THE VEHICLE WAS IN MOTION. Takata recalls hear water rush with a gurgle noise from dashboard this happens when taking off from a stop. Occasionally the ignition key cannot be turned to the off position and cannot be removed. loss of power, 2.) The Aisin AR-5, Eaton N8D, and 4L60-E are reliable transmissions that should last between 220.000 - 280.000 miles when maintained properly. No indicator lights are on, engine runs fine its only when traveling when the engine is between 1200-2200 rpm. When turning the key into the ignition position the vehicle will give a random downshift unless the brake pedal is pressed down. Thermostat/housing replaced on 2/15/21. xeX]nkan$%nFJIiC}o|1?fu0` ` K;v8m + O*3p`['X" I have also filed a separate claim in january of 2023 to gm customer service notifying them of the ongoing issue and escalating to upper management. Mainly because the 8 speed had issues with the Corvette, Caddilac CTS, and camaro before they dropped it into the twins. 0000001484 00000 n No power steering. So my question is what is being done about these issues? Is there anything I can do? This causes the actuator to rattle around until it get oil pressure. Flushing the transmission fluid could correct this issue, but the truck may also need transmission repairs or a replacement. Motor Biscuit compiled a list of owner problems using RepairPal.com. Took truck to dealer who said it was torque converter problem. Need to go back to the manual ac/heat control! If it had melted something major and shut my truck down while driving down the interstate it would put me and anybody around me in danger. vacuum loss, 3.) From 2012 until the current 2020 model, the Chevy Colorado has been in its second iteration. Tl- the contact owns a 2018 Chevrolet Colorado. The contact took the vehicle to [a General Motors dealership] where it was diagnosed that the torque converter needed to be replaced. Tl* the contact owns a 2018 chevrolet colorado. While it seems to be only minor issues with them all, the most noticeable giving trouble is the diesel option. Read more about the firm. The dealership we purchased it from had done some electrical work but did not disclose what was done until it quit working and was brought to a different dealership. The contact initially took the vehicle to jeff gordon chevrolet (228 s college rd, wilmington, nc 28403) where they adjusted the hood latch but the failure persisted. pZ1J\@^l*d P+ @'r980@+dcWTRWPf'+, >4ss B|~ gi'O&\+q=+:YC lo2~.u. ,O]LYw5 `s`uX:\se^[;c(P1}./b'Oejs&+Q*+@8yu>/XV)xHamZ!Fx:!YUPAC7"P$de}]&65jlHj ;--FA,-H+)CJF,-I(