In order to exclude node_modules and native node libraries from bundling, you need to:. My solution is to set babelrc: false in the loader config and specify the babel config in the loader. By default Webpack asumes that your target environment supports some ES2015 features, but you can overwrite this behavior using the output.environment Webpack option (documentation). Not the answer you're looking for? This README is for babel-loader v8/v9 with Babel v7 "overrides" configs, see merging. I'm curious, you're a member of the dev group, and you didn't know that? To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers. Note: This option will not affect parsing of .mjs files, as they are currently How do I check if an element is hidden in jQuery? Default: "module". Given Babel's result object, allow loaders to make additional tweaks to it. Rollup is not used elsewhere. Step 1: . If so, how close was it? Try adding a backslash before the second to last forward slash. normalized to an empty object. name, and doing so will result in a duplicate-plugin/preset error. Check out the example Node.js server with Babel for an idea of how to use Babel in a production deployment. How Intuit democratizes AI development across teams through reusability. compact mode. An array of plugins to activate when processing this file. babel.transform directly. Default: opts.cwd To exclude node_modules, see the exclude option in the loaders config as documented above. "@babel/plugin-proposal-nullish-coalescing-operator", "@babel/plugin-proposal-optional-chaining", // caller.target will be the same as the target option from webpack. to determine the conceptual root folder for the current Babel project. Does Counterspell prevent from any further spells being cast on a given turn? Babel is injecting helpers into each file and bloating my code! By clicking Post Your Answer, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. Placement: Allowed in Babel's programmatic options, or inside of the loaded "configFile". babel-loader-exclude-node-modules-except Creating a regular expression for excluding node_modules from babel transpiling except for individual modules Usage How to make babel act as expected? Your node_modules should already be runnable without transpiling as said already and there are simple ways to exclude your node_modules but transpile any code that needs it. For some reason babel doesn't ignore node_modules directory, although I specified it in "ignore" field of .babelrc file. Returning .custom accepts a callback that will be called with the loader's instance of Site design / logo 2023 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA. Latest version: 9.1.2, last published: 2 months ago. after go to my project and run npm link MY_MODULE Node will look for your modules in special folders named node_modules . (That's a deliberate decision on the part of D3's maintainer, FYI.). Configs may "extend" other configuration files. after performing whatever logging and analysis they wish to do. This option is useful for excluding a transform like @babel/plugin-transform-regenerator if you don't use generators and don't want to include regeneratorRuntime (when using useBuiltIns) or for using another plugin like fast-async instead of Babel's async-to-gen. useBuiltIns "usage" | "entry" | false, defaults to false. How can I direct babel to compile this module? These options are only allowed as part of Babel's programmatic options, so { test: /.js$/, exclude: /node_modules/, use: 'babel-loader' } node_modules,. If both, Path to the babel config file to use. There are some issues with ignore/only that we are fixing in 7.0 like with #5467, similar to #4558. 'babel-loader-exclude-node-modules-except'. For example, in the back-end Node scenario, some built-in modules, such as FS, PATH, and so on, are excluded from the package. Like @nowells, I also prefer to implement it as a function, at least during the dev phase. To: webpack/webpack opts.comments || /@license|@preserve/.test(val) be instances of Plugin. We really appreciate you taking the time to report an issue. NOTE: This option does not affect loading of .babelrc.json files, so while To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. If you preorder a special airline meal (e.g. rev2023.3.3.43278. If you are using legacy Babel v6, see the 7.x branch docs. files in the project root, which can lead to unexpected errors and compilation failure. is it possible to exclude all modules in node_modules from a babel plugin except one? The sourceRoot fields to set in the generated source map, if one is desired. When set, each Babel transform output will be compressed with Gzip. (cnchar|cnchar-trad)/)./, You are receiving this because you commented. You can instead require the Babel runtime as a separate module to avoid the duplication. Users of Babel's integrations, like babel-loader Node will walk up the directory chain, looking through each node_modules until it finds the module you tried to load. This value What's the right way of doing it now? Why use Babel in Node.js? please note that on Windows the slashes in the path will be \ so the above solution would have to be changed to exclude: /node_modules\\(?!(sec-to-min)\/). I'm developing a tool that can output a dependency tree of program with @babel/core, in development mode, it runs well "dev": "node -r ts-node/register src/index.. We recommend that you always specify a minor version when using node queries with browserslist: If you want to compile against the technology preview version of Safari, you can specify "safari": "tp". Date: Sun,Jan 3,2021 2:43 AM You can also use negative lookahead regex as suggested here. same line that they were on in the original file. Defaults to working directory. Site design / logo 2023 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA. This feature is best used alongside the "test"/"include"/"exclude" Using Kolmogorov complexity to measure difficulty of problems? When the esmodules target is specified, it will intersect with the browsers target and browserslist's targets. pnpm tslib Babel . is only used for pdfjs-dist but not for chart.js is this somehow possible? */, These comments are either too complicated(too much regex) or wrong(won't compile). For example, to change the environment targets passed to @babel/preset-env based on the webpack target: babel-loader exposes a loader-builder utility that allows users to add custom handling // Pull out any custom options that the loader might have. Default: process.env.BABEL_ENV || process.env.NODE_ENV || "development" Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow! for an invite. the right one should be this. '@babel/plugin-proposal-class-properties', // Except for a few of them that needs to be transpiled because they use modern syntax, // the 'transform-runtime' plugin tells Babel to. Note: This option is not on by default because the majority of users won't need This option, combined with the "root" value, defines how Babel If you need any help, or just have general Babel or JavaScript questions, we have a vibrant Slack are being made, it can be helpful to disable code generation and instead of the current build. Subject: Re: [webpack/webpack] How to exclude node_modules but one (, // Some npm modules no longer transpiled to ES5, which, // causes errors such as "const must be initialized" IE 11 and crash. added a package.json: The name of the 'env' to use when loading configs and plugins. Note: The definition of what is and isn't present in the original file can Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub, or unsubscribe. Within your webpack configuration object, you'll need to add the babel-loader to the list of modules, like so: You can pass options to the loader by using the options property: This loader also supports the following loader-specific option: cacheDirectory: Default false. Connect and share knowledge within a single location that is structured and easy to search. Some files in my node_modules are not transpiled for IE 11. Do you know how to make sure babel targets node modules specifically? Surly Straggler vs. other types of steel frames. How do I return the response from an asynchronous call? Type: { [assumption: string]: boolean } accidentally load a babel.config.json that is entirely outside of the current when used within an overrides option object, but it's allowed anywhere. Babel's default return value includes code and map properties with the It is similar to the relationship between ReactElement and Fiber in . While you can't help much, @hzoo, with your "There are some issues with ignore/only that we are fixing", I found that if I pass ignored directories in command line, they are accepted. get a little ugly, so usage of this option is not recommended. Keep up the great work @hzoo and @loganfsmyth, @wzup If you don't see how @hzoo has made your life easier, maybe you should stick with ES5 syntax. For available parser options, see Parser Options. You can use modules like are-you-es5 to automatically create an exception list or test: https://www.npmjs.com/package/are-you-es5 Also things like eslint-plugin-compat could potentially warn you of issues if pointed at your node_modules: https://www.npmjs.com/package/eslint-plugin-compat It's not perfect though. By default it will look for, @KaroCastro-Wunsch also try to add path to your module back to, https://github.com/webpack/webpack/issues/2031#issuecomment-283517150. Loading configuration can get a little complex as environments can have several Does a summoned creature play immediately after being summoned by a ready action? I have the same issue, I can't include all node_modules but just the one written in es6 to babelify it. privacy statement. Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience. I finally got a node_modules package to compile with babel-loader after hours of struggling. So i just wonder if there has anybody encountered this ? Make sure you are transforming as few files as possible. Type: string | RegExp | (filename: string | void, context: { caller: { name: string } | void, envName: string, dirname: string ) => boolean, Several Babel options perform tests against file paths. Default: undefined In babel section of webpack config change to this : Looks like exclude has priority over include. If you need to create a persistent If you need to exclude: /node_modules/(?!(cnchar|cnchar-trad)\/).*/. Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community. When passed directly to Babel, This will cache transformations to the filesystem. Type: (key: string, nodeType: string, fn: Function) => Function. : You can add however many modules you need to exclude from exclusion to the list, although note that the test is O(n) in the number of modules, so if you have a lot of exclusions to process it may be worth finding a better way. Instructs Babel to run each of the presets in the presets array as an the regular expression is wrong.It can't match the package path in the node_modules. Yeah I didn't know that actually, or forgot. For example, "node": 12 will be considered as Node.js 12.0. true and handle the rest in your own code, depending on your use case. @babel/preset-env also does the same for its When set, the given directory will be used to cache the results of the loader. cacheIdentifier: Default is a string composed by the @babel/core's version, the babel-loader's version, the contents of .babelrc file if it exists, and the value of the environment variable BABEL_ENV with a fallback to the NODE_ENV environment variable. be passed to babel.transform. [Babel]::foreign.Children1 ,[Babel]::foreign.Children PHP HTML5 Nginx php Can Martian regolith be easily melted with microwaves? not present in the original file. Provides a default comment state for shouldPrintComment if no function is it possible to exclude all modules in node_modules from a babel plugin except one? exclude inside exclude is my solution : UPD IMO exclude as a function (comments below) is better option. This commit does not belong to any branch on this repository, and may belong to a fork outside of the repository. may well want to use "upward" since monorepos often have a babel.config.json I've tried using preset-env but ended up using transform-runtime. api.env() function. As you can see I included chart.js and pdfjs-dist to be transpiled with babel-loader, all other node_modules are excluded, So what I need is that @babel/plugin-transform-modules-commonjs Note: The format of presets is identical to plugins, except for the fact that This is my webpack config: In Windows modulePath would be C:\path\to\project-name\node_modules\MY_MODULEsolution may be : Linux uses "/" while Windows uses "\" in modulePath so I ended up using the exclude: function (modulePath) to handle both. Babel can process the "root" value to get the final project root. // Don't need to see entire path in console. false indicates that an entry is entirely disabled. test: /.js$/, Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers. "auto" will set the value by evaluating code.length > 500_000. Downloads are calculated as moving averages for a period of the last 12 For example, a monorepo setup that wishes to allow individual packages to This is my webpack config: As you can see I included chart.js and pdfjs-dist to be transpiled with babel-loader, all other node_modules are excluded Allows specifying a prefix comment to insert before pieces of code that were SyntaxError: Unexpected token: operator (>) true will attempt to load an input sourcemap from the file itself, if it Have a question about this project? We recommend setting targets to reduce the output code size. are ES modules, generally these plugins/presets will insert import statements. Note: This option may be removed in future Babel versions as we add better If you prefer not to install @babel/node and @babel/core, you can install them on-the-fly: Tip: Use rlwrap to get a REPL with input history. We ran into this issue recently when we started seeing "const must be initialized" errors in IE 11. That can be a little hard to read, so as an example: A plugin/preset target can come from a few different sources: Options are passed through to each plugin/preset when they are executed. For anybody trying this on windows, it is necessary to replace node_modules/MY_MODULE with node_modules\MY_MODULE because of windows using backslashes for file paths.. anyone who has ever diagnosed a bug to being a conflict between the direction of slashes on Windows vs Unix you will feel my pain! 1. necessary, or at least more useful, to pass the options via configuration files. I have a dependency in node_modules that needs to be compiled through Babel. What i have tried already: Added the dependencies into the fxmanifest create the node_modules and added the packages to it. npm view npm npm login npm publish (publishnpm ) npm The nature of simulating nature: A Q&A with IBM Quantum researcher Dr. Jamie We've added a "Necessary cookies only" option to the cookie consent popup. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. webpackbabel-loaderES2015node_modules excludeJS Default: false. This can be particularly important in projects where compilation A tag already exists with the provided branch name. Allows for entire nested configuration options that will only be enabled The working directory that all paths in the programmatic options will be resolved To exclude node_modules, see the exclude option in the loaders config as documented above. Find centralized, trusted content and collaborate around the technologies you use most. If a law is new but its interpretation is vague, can the courts directly ask the drafters the intent and official interpretation of their law? Placement: Allowed in programmatic options, config files and presets. Here's a Regex that I paste into VSCode's search box when searching through our /build folder: You'll need to turn on Regex search in VSCode for this to work. It's a popular tool that helps you use the newest features of the JavaScript programming language. You may also target browsers supporting ES Modules (https://www.ecma-international.org/ecma-262/6.0/#sec-modules). If passing options via @babel/cli you'll need to kebab-case the names. If you want to opt-out of cache compression, set it to false -- your project may benefit from this if it transpiles thousands of files. Type: boolean Find centralized, trusted content and collaborate around the technologies you use most. Solution 2 In babel section of webpack config change to this : Creating a regular expression for excluding node_modules from babel transpiling except for individual modules. "root" is the default mode because it avoids the risk that Babel will Default: true . // Passed Babel's 'PartialConfig' object. nested configuration objects that apply depending on the configuration. a package that matches one of the "babelrcRoots" packages. its uses, it is also worth considering the "test"/"include" This option is most useful How to notate a grace note at the start of a bar with lilypond? That function is injected by Webpack itself after running babel-loader. or @babel/register are unlikely to use these. use: ['babel-loader'], How to install ES modules in react-boilerplate? a falsy value will use the original name. How do you ensure that a red herring doesn't violate Chekhov's gun? Note: .babelrc.json files are only loaded if the current "filename" is inside of What is the point of Thrower's Bandolier? By default, Babel will only search for .babelrc.json files within the "root" package independent pass. the path of any JS or JSON5 config file. How can I remove a specific item from an array in JavaScript? You can also speed up babel-loader by as much as 2x by using the cacheDirectory option. Defaults to searching for a default babel.config.json file, but can be passed Having The initial path that will be processed based on the "rootMode" You should not be using babel-node in production. I don't know if it could be the fix but in lib/LoadersList.js: Could it be better to have something like: @ghigt, oh thanks, but i just use webpack-node-externals Reason is the identicons package is using template strings and breaks when I run. Latest version: 1.2.1, last published: a year ago. If the given .babelrc.json is loaded via the standard