Burlington is in Middlesex County and is one of the best places to live in Massachusetts. [1] => 151224 I'd love to see more diversity in stores around the area. (855) 678-5694 Request Information Schedule Private Tour (Or Live Virtual Showing) Check out our community photos! Her hobbies include fixing up her 100-year-old house, doing artsy stuff, and going to the lake with her family. But theres far more to this New England state than Bean Town. Best Places to Retire Best Places Real Estate Money Home 150 matches Sort by: Real Estate Rankings Best Places to Live Best Places to Retire Population Size X-Large 2.5M+. Read 21 reviews. I recently moved here a few months ago and i absolutely love the public schools system. Now let us turn to take a look at how Rockland does for violent crimes specifically, and then how it does for property crimes. It is created using a unique algorithm that takes into account dozens of characteristics in 7 different categories including nearby amenities, cost of living, crime rates, employment, schools, housing and user ratings. While I would like nothing more than to raise my family there, financially I am not in a position to purchase a home there. Read 22 reviews. Just 5% of survey respondents reported having personal experiences with violent crime in the last year3 percentage points lower than the previous year. Population: 39,992Rank Last Year: 8 (Up 1)Median Home Value: $350,800Unemployment Rate: 4.7%More on Chelsea: Data|Photos. Hanover is a quiet town where everyone seems to know each other and get along very well. And the worst place to live in Massachusetts? View All Room Amenities People here are very friendly and welcoming. SJ is the ideal setting for growing young men, and I would do in again in any lifetime. Read 125 reviews. Get in now before youre priced out!. 61 Niche users give it an average review of 3.3 stars. What also added fuel to the rumors was when Stewart revealed in January 2021. A couple hundred years ago, the area rose to prominence as an early manufacturing center. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. 72 Niche users give it an average review of 3.9 stars. See all Dyer Memorial Library 3 Libraries 10th District Brewing Company 7 Breweries The Company Theatre 42 Theaters Ames Nowell State Park 14 Forests, State Parks Oasis Day Spa 30 Spas Good Life Kitchen 3 Cooking Classes Its on the move, trending up, fast. Having a good place to live is important. You can download the data here. Click on the state image or dropdown menu below to check out the safest cities for each state. The charming Bellingham Square Historic District provides a sample of the areas appeal. How risky is that? In America overall, your chance of becoming a victim of crime is 1 in 43. 10 Niche users give it an average review of 4.8 stars. It has a few shops and small restaurants, with about 80% of the buildings being Dunkin Donuts. Saint Johns transformed me from a young kid with little direction into a young man focused on personal development attending one of the best Universities in the world. New A great dealership and place to purchase a car. The Livability Score is then calculated out of 100 for any area across the United States and Canada. I came here for more land. GNIS feature ID. Date(s) & Update Frequency: Enter your email to be added to our mailing list. This shouldn't be too hard considering Maine's unemployment rate is 3.1%. Whether your city made our list or not, we encourage everyone to be proactive about home security. Crime. Rockland has the reputation of being more bohemian than nearby Westchester especially Nyack, which has been home to writers, actors, and artists for generations (the most famous being Edward Hopper). Rockland: 18,652: 2.5: 2.2: 66 52: Milford: 29,066: 1.4: 5.9: 49 53: Waltham . 18 Niche users give it an average review of 4.1 stars. You just wont want to stay very long. It's a fairly large city with a high rate of crime. #14 Best Places to Live in Plymouth County. . It is. Current Resident: I've met so many friends here that I've stayed friends with for over a decade. If you live in New Bedford, you can brag to your buddies at the bah that you have it rough, and they should buy you a bucket of Sam Adams. Her goal is to make safety and security gadgets less mystifying one article at a time. Read 10 reviews. Most accurate 2021 crime rates for Rockland, MA. Marshfield is home to the Marshfield fair and Levitate Music Festival. This is offset by the median household income of $165,745. It is the type of place where you go to the post office to pick up your mail and the postal workers know everyone by name. Cost of Living | Quiz | City Compare | Crime | News | Menu Cost of Living Find Your Best Place Quiz City Compare Climate Top Lists Rankings Schools Find a Place DataEngine Interactive Map. Even with these financial woes, the cost of living tracks 10% above the national average. Population: 154,139Rank Last Year: 1 (Down 1)Median Home Value: $156,200Unemployment Rate: 8.2%More on Springfield: Data|Photos. 2 Niche users give it an average review of 4 stars. The average school expenditure in the U.S. is $12,383. 290 Northern Ave, Boston, MA 02210-2016 Open today: Closed Corey B Portland, Maine 7 Decent Concert Venue Review of Blue Hills Bank Pavilion Reviewed September 16, 2015 This concert venue is outside but there is a tent covering the whole seating area. Best Places to Live in Rockland County, New York Rockland County is located in the Lower Hudson Valley of New York State. A true hometown where neighbors are friendly, people respect each other, and where people escape to when the world goes crazy. Read 20 reviews. It is a beautiful east coast town with a stunning beach! I would like to change a few things, however. A coastal city located in the southern part of the state, Fall River ranks among the biggest cities in Massachusetts. Many young professionals and retirees live in Burlington and residents tend to be liberal. The hall, completed in 1909, contains The Great Organ that was originally installed in the Boston Music Hall in 1863 after arriving in the U.S. from Europe. This is possible by associating the 9.4 million reported crimes in the U.S, including over 2 million geocoded point locations. Burglaries in the safest cities dropped from 198 the year before to 142 this year. Health related expenses are 8.3% more in Rockland. Featured Review: Parent says Our family wishes to pay the highest of compliments to Hillside School for the management of its Spring 20 Trimester! Its quiet,safe, and close to everything i need. The schools are full of preppy, entitled kids who think they are better than you because their family is rich. Boston Magazine just named it one of the top ten Towns for real estate appreciation. Coincidentally, Maine is super safe. 65% of Massachusettsans report feeling safe in their state compared to 55% of Americans. Past 12 months=12 months prior to survey. It is home to some of the best public schools and is surrounded by a variety of social places such as parks and restaurants. I wish I knew about Hanson 30 years ago. Read 18 reviews. [1] As of December 31, 2009, there were 11,809 registered voters in the community. The economy is sluggish, with an unemployment rate of 8.3%. Luckily, these six websites round up the best cities and towns around the world to help you find your spot. Contact Us "Match Any Neighborhood" calculates the Match Level of one neighborhood to another using more than 200 characteristics of each neighborhood. In the summertime, Marshfield is the place to be. Even though the coffee is weak, coffee-based drinks sugary, donuts empty, and hot items little more than ultra-zapped fast food, they have a loyal following, and at least they're dependable and fast. Newburyport is a small city located on the southern bank of the Merrimack River, five miles south of New Hampshire. Youll also have a chance to see dinosaur footprints nearby. Still, it represents more than a suburb. Featured Review: Niche User says I love Duxbury! Will definitely return! We aim to deliver infotainment about where you live that your real estate agent won't tell you. Holyoke In addition, Melrose hosts several family-friendly events throughout the year, including the Four Corners Music Festival and the Melrose Holiday Fair. Nick's the creator of the HomeSnacks YouTube channel that now has over 260,000 subscribers and is an excellent source to learn about different parts of the country. 10 Best Places to Live With Autism. However, according to data (which doesnt measure things like beauty and friendly people), there are far better options in the state for making a place home. There are about 9.1 students per teacher in Rockland. Not only was every faculty member and teacher entirely committed to growing my academic potential, but also to ensuring every student has pathways to better understand their place in the world around them and navigate personal questions of purpose that are so essential to a high schoolers development. On a given night at a village bar, you might find a magazine illustrator for Rolling Stone in conversation with a singer and the mayor. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. As such, it exists as a local commercial and cultural center, with draws such as the Fitchburg Art Museum. Review of: Article 15 Brewing . Town of Kennebunk 10. Featured Review: Current Resident says A very charming community! Still, a great place to live. Read 30 reviews. The town suffers from a sluggish economy, an elevated crime rates, a questionable schools, and a high cost of living. It had this darling little ice cream shop, FarFars that completely made my trip! #1 Best Places to Live in Plymouth County. The cost of living also makes it difficult for locals to pay their bills. It is a little off the beaten path, far from major highways which can make commuting to work in Boston difficult, though not impossible. Read 21 reviews. Halifax is located just 20 minutes away from Plymouth where you can visit the beach, malls and other activities. This is difficult to afford in an area with a median income of $56,181. It has many convenience stores, department stores, and restaurants! The schools are excellent. Naval Shipbuilding Museum, and Quincys Marina Bay is a favorite spot for dining and entertainment with its open-air restaurants, ice cream parlor, shops and boardwalk. Melody Hicks, Ben Stickle, Joshua Harms, American Journal of Criminal Justice, Assessing the Fear of Package Theft, January 04, 2021. Rockland is a smaller town with a population of 7,132 residents. Both of these events are family friendly. From our analysis, we discovered that violent crime in Rockland occurs at a rate higher than in most communities of all population sizes in America. 11050. The elementary school is located right next to the fire station and is only 15 mins away from the Regional High School. Read 22 reviews. There are many expensive houses in Kingston, but there are also smaller, more affordable ones. Read 31 reviews. Some of the high school administrators leave a bit to beVoter participation at the annual Town Meeting could be improved (very few people attend). There are only three other cities in the state with a higher crime rate (Holyoke has the worst crime). [0] => 151232 Discover your neighborhood's best match, anywhere. And the continuity of curriculum throughout the Spring 20 trimester exceeded our expectations! Now, a weak job market leaves Lawrence as one of the least appealing cities in Massachusetts. Rockland Telephone History Center. My husband and I moved to the Pinehills a little less than a year ago. This is our families 11th vehicle with this dealership. www .rockland-ma .gov. Brockton gets credit for introducing the first department store Santa in the U.S., when a local store owner dressed up in 1890. The schools were excellent and you had the feel of an almost rural town while being minutes from. Current Resident: I have lived in Hingham for 45 years and brought up my two children here. Were not here to get into a debate with Massholes in terms of which city you think is best. #15 Best Places to Live in Plymouth County. Although Leominster is small, home to just over 40,000 people, it offers a varied selection of restaurants and cultural attractions, including Leominster Art Center and Gallery. Credit: Unsplash 10. Respondents reported very few experiences with violent crime, property crime, and gun violencelower than both national averages and the rest of the New England region. The median home cost in Rockland is Real Estate: $203,500. You are free to choose any house or apartment you like, as long as it meets certain requirements for quality. 10 Best Affordable Places to Live in Massachusetts 2023 . We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. At the same time, crime represents a major problem, with a crime rate more than 80% above the U.S. standard. Or; Traffic & Accidents; Report An Accident; Chat Room; Rockland Archives; Tweet Featured Review: Current Resident says I've met so many friends here that I've stayed friends with for over a decade. It can be pretty daunting at first, especially if you're new to an area. Where is 2022 data? Select your ideal criteria and let Scout do the rest. I enjoy that aspect of it very much. Sign up for our weekly newsletter emails to get the latest news and tips to make your life safer. While one of Quincys main selling points is its proximity to Bostons many attractions and opportunities, it offers plenty of fun things to do within its city limits, too. I grew up in a suburb north of Boston with postage stamp yards. NOTE: If you dont see your city on the list, it means that it was below the population threshold or didnt submit a complete crime report to the FBI in 2020. Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | How We Rank and Review |. Featured Review: Current Resident says North Pembroke is a small, quiet town with great schools. #22 Best Places to Live in Plymouth County. Its well-being score of 68.8 is the. Interested in making a move to the area? 10 miles (16 km) west of Boston, Natick is part of the Greater Boston area. 21 Niche users give it an average review of 4.2 stars. Academic lessons began right at 8:15 am and continued up until noon. It is known for its historical sites and small businesses, which offer a variety of services to the local community. Only in Your State lists Lynn as one of the most dangerous cities in the state to live in. If you need any big items to buy, Pembroke, Hanover and Plymouth are not far. Some private cranberry bogs were purchased by the town after crops were damaged by the application of road salt in winter. ( Huge spot with good staff, beers and fun things to do (and TVs!). An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. Mirabeau is walking distance from our home, and it is perfect for a spa day with friends or relatives. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. I'd love. Current Resident: I have lived in Hanson for 6 years now. Students cannot attend nearby regional vocational schools. Read 1 review. Every state has to have its Springfield, right? Massachusetts residents reported fewer experiences with gun violence, from 4% to 1% last year. 53 Niche users give it an average review of 3.9 stars. Town of Scarborough 3. Below youll find the five most affordable cities in Massachusetts, but please keep in mind: These cities arent necessarily just the cheapest places in the state. Celbridge is the best place to live in Ireland." What The Irish Times says "Celbridge is close to Dublin but the old village/main street gives it its own . In closing i love my town but I love the future of Lakeville .. Current Resident: Moving here was the best option! Read more. By signing up, you agree to our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy. The houses are lovely and you see a bunch of. Current Resident: It is a beautiful town and a great location. Poverty ranks among the biggest problems for Holyokes 40,241 residents. #7 Best Places to Live in Plymouth County. Bordering New Hampshire, Methuen, MAis filled with historic structures and destinations, including the Methuen Memorial Music Hall. 27% of Bay Staters say the COVID-19 pandemic has affected the security of their property, compared to 29% nationally. Living in Burlington offers residents a dense suburban feel and most residents own their homes. Rockland, MA is a small town located in the state of Massachusetts. Median Home Price: $247,112 Average Annual Salary: $50,060 Miami is a pricey place to live, but many of the factors falling under quality of life make it a worthy hometown. All the trademarks displayed on this page are the property of Location, Inc. It is very safe and hardly any crime. The 10 Best Things to Do in Massachusetts. Massachusetts's center of population was in Natick at the censuses of 2000-2020, most recently in the vicinity . . Popular & reviewed Market Restaurant Menu in Rockland, MA. But it also contains the Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art, the biggest contemporary art museum in the country. Copyright 2000-2023 Location Inc. The people are very friendly, and the neighborhoods are for the most part safe. per Student . Ranking based on data from the U.S. Census, FBI, BLS, CDC, and other sources. Just one in 456. Lawrence is built along the Merrimack River in the northeastern part of the state, near the New Hampshire border. Boston may be the obvious choice for best places to live in Massachusetts, but there are plenty of other strong candidates. Melrose has several green spaces and parks,a charming downtown with an 800-seat theater, as well as the Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hall, which is the towns cultural center. Rockland Federal Credit Union | MA Personal & Business Banking (800) 562-7328 Routing: 211373348 Personal Resources Scam Alert: Spam Text Messages Scammers are impersonating banks to get into your account. The people are very friendly, and the neighborhoods are for. Current Resident: Moved to Hull in the fall of 2014. 20 Niche users give it an average review of 4.8 stars. This MA City Was Named One of the 50 Best Cities for Entrepreneurs. The town is right on the water, so many opportunities for summer fun. Updated annually. Discover the schools, companies, and neighborhoods that are right for you. Accessed March 8, 2022. We broke crime down into violent crime and property crime to give violent crime a larger weight if you did a simple calculation of all crimes per capita, property crimes are normally 7x more common and really bias that ranking. Massachusetts is often thought of as home to Boston, the Red Sox and Fenway Park, or Martha's Vineyard - arguably the best place in the U.S. to spend the summer. 1 . This is important because the overall crime rate can be further illuminated by understanding if violent crime or property crimes (or both) are the major contributors to the general rate of crime in Rockland. Their biggest concern? Were going to use science to tell us where the really bad places in the Bay State are to live. Town of Freeport 7. 30 Niche users give it an average review of 4.1 stars. The old houses make this area so cute and desirable to live here.. Current Resident: Currently living in Hanover and enjoy the area very much. Population: 40,241Rank Last Year: 6 (No Change)Median Home Value: $195,800Unemployment Rate: 6.0%More on Holyoke: Data|Photos. Read 72 reviews A 0618351. Read 30 reviews. 7 Niche users give it an average review of 3.6 stars. The median home value in the region hovers at $271,100, compared to a median income of $44,613. For the last nine years, Livability editors and data scientists have combined our great love of cities and data to create our annual ranking of the Top 100 Best Places to Live in America. The community is known as the birthplace of Johnny Appleseed, a legacy it celebrates each year with the Johnny Appleseed Arts and Cultural Festival, and it is still home to one working apple orchard Sholan Farms a 169-acre farm that draws residents and visitors with its dozens of delicious apple varieties, as well as its pick-your-own raspberry and blueberry operation. . We used science and data to determine which cities in the Pine Tree State are the real pits. Marshfield is also located in the middle of Boston and Plymouth. Miami scores well. My husband and I moved to the Pinehills a little less than a year ago. Like all states, Massachusetts has its share of issues. Melrose, MAhas the highest median home value of any city on this list ($423,500), but it also has the highest median household income $86,409 and thats why its our pick for the most affordable city in Massachusetts. Home facts updated by county records on Oct 17 Stony Point . Cedar Creek mobile home park decision gives seniors 'security. The median home cost is $244,800, while the median household income is $68,587 (and thats gone up 38.21 percent since 2000, significantly higher than the national average rate of 27.36 percent). SafeWise, 2021 State of Safety survey, Accessed March 8, 2022. Me and my family are much happier and there are so many opportunities for work and healthy lifestyles! InAweofGod'sCreation 2. See how the remaining cities ranked in the list below. Instead, we looked at theaveragecost of living, as well askey components such astransportation, housing, dining options and utilities. We are thrilled with our decision to build a home here! Instead, well approach this from another standpoint. We calculated crime rates for every city in the state that met our population threshold, based on the states median population. This reporting year, Massachusetts mass shootings fell by 50% (from 8 to 4). But you get what you pay for, and the opportunities for both work and play here are off the charts. After analyzing the 39 most populous cities, we came up with this list as the 10 worst places in Massachusetts:The 10 Worst Places To Live In Massachusetts For 2021BrocktonSpringfieldNew BedfordFall RiverNorth AdamsHolyokeChelseaLynnLawrenceFitchburg. Rockland housing costs are 188.1% more expensive than Norwalk housing costs. Lakeville is the kins of town that i would love to raise a family. York Beach is also an animal friendly community, and prides itself on being a welcoming community for everyone. In closing i love my town but I love the future of Lakeville . Read 44 reviews. Featured Review: Current Resident says Best kept secret in Massachusetts.Cape Cod without the traffic. The SafeWise Team is pleased to release the eighth annual Safest Cities report. 22 Niche users give it an average review of 3.5 stars. #3 Best Places to Live in Plymouth County. Featured Review: Current Resident says I have lived in Hanson for 6 years now. 25-57775. While this provides locals with loads of amenities, it comes with big-city problems as well. Every year, the list changes: we conduct exclusive studies and surveys, adjust our algorithm and add new variables and . Best Medical Alert Systems. Everyone is overall friendly and polite. In Burlington there are a lot of restaurants, coffee shops, and parks. It's one of the least dangerous states in the country. When you click through real estate links on our site, we earn an affiliate commission. Continue with Recommended Cookies. The Pinehills offers a quant community in the. Current Resident: North Pembroke is a small, quiet town with great schools. A true hometown where neighbors are friendly, people respect each other, and where people escape to when the world goes crazy.. Current Resident: Marshfield is a historic town and has beautiful beaches. Current Resident: Scituate is a great small town! The median household income is only $41,308 annually. For definitions and more on data sources, see our methodology page. The town gets a high overall livability score because of its remarkably affordable rent averaging $569 per month, but the cost of homeownership is much higher with an average home value of $640,700. Niche is a great way to find ratings and reviews for towns, school districts, colleges, and neighborhoods. We all have our reasons for wanting to relocate but if you're looking for the best new place to call home in 2022, you should head to Ilkley in West Yorkshire, according to the 2022 Sunday. 39 Niche users give it an average review of 3.9 stars. Additionally, he received three to four meaningful homework assignments each day. Read 32 reviews. The town is only 20. Niche User: Really nice area only an hour outside of the city which can make it very exciting going from relaxing coast to vibrant city. Read 7 reviews. Lots of construction & rehabilitation.An affordable place to live right on or near the ocean - and getting better every year. Cons: 20 minutes to route 3 (Hull is remote which is part of its charm but not close to anything); could be more to do in the downtown area (but getting better); schools could be better (but improving), strong brutal wind during storms. #19 Best Places to Live in Plymouth County. My town has so many great things but a few things that could change. Massachusetts residents currently enjoy the lowest property crime rate in the New England region. . Quincy, MAis situated right outside of Boston, making it a perfect place for those who work in Bean Town but want a more affordable place to live the median home price is $342,600, which is well-below Bostons ($379,500). Population: 89,388Rank Last Year: 3 (Down 1)Median Home Value: $242,200Unemployment Rate: 8.4%More on Fall River: Data|Photos. The schools are full of preppy, entitled kids who think they are better than you because their family is rich. Featured Review: Current Resident says Pembroke is a smaller town on the South Shore with riverfront space, plenty of ponds and trails, and excellent public school teachers. The town is very safe. Boston. The search engine finds the neighborhoods that are the optimum fit to the set of criteria you choose. #2 Best Places to Live in Plymouth County. Petersburg, FL 33712 Visit us in-store to place an order. Combine that with the communitys median household income of $62,710, and its easy to see why Quincy landed the No. Balancing affordable living, a low crime rate and keeping a great place to live great is what Maryland's 5th best place to live, Poolesville, does best. Want to learn more? . Want to check out the International Volleyball Hall of Fame? Crime risk indices are nationally comparable on a 1 100 scale, where 100 means safer than 100% of U.S. neighborhoods. At the same time, an underperforming education system and a high cost of living create additional challenges. They are now overgrown eyesores. Boxborough A+. #24 Best Places to Live in Plymouth County. Furthermore, only cities with at least 12,000 people were considered leaving 39 cities. Amherst Amherst is in Hampshire County and has a population of 40,000 people. Master of Business Administration - MBAEntertainment and Media Management. These recommendations for things to do in Rockland Maine offer you the true New England experience right on the coast. #9 Best Places to Live in Plymouth County. The supermarkets and independent store owners have much to offer. Wayland reported 0 property crimes, which is very unusual. ORR teachers are great!. Please. As one of the oldest oceanfront communities in Maine, you'll have a place of residence steeped in history and tradition. Experiences with violent crime dropped from 8% to 5% year over year. Cypress Lakes is your alternative. The old houses make this area so cute and desirable to live here. Read 2 reviews. For example, check out the Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast Museum to learn more about the towns most famous murder case. Visitors experience countless inlets and harbors - great for sailing, boating, or hiking. Good education opportunities, great scenery and top career choices are among the reasons why The Bay State is an attractive spot for people looking for a nice quality of life. The Best Medical Alert Systems for Fall Detection. Well leave that to the comments. var cid='4403325158';var pid='ca-pub-9280529428605582';var slotId='div-gpt-ad-roadsnacks_net-medrectangle-3-0';var ffid=2;var alS=2021%1000;var container=document.getElementById(slotId);container.style.width='100%';var ins=document.createElement('ins');ins.id=slotId+'-asloaded';ins.className='adsbygoogle ezasloaded';ins.dataset.adClient=pid;ins.dataset.adChannel=cid;if(ffid==2){ins.dataset.fullWidthResponsive='true';}