See Tickets. All rights reserved. WebDec 16. 61. In September of that year, two days before his second anniversary, his first child Ryan was born. I love being alive. But Smith also is good friends with the Grahams. Dec. 17. All rights reserved. And they certainly were not supposed to remarry as quickly as she and Vince Gill did. Hoyt Sherman Place. WebThey met in June and were married in September. Jones, Kim. WebThe Spirit of Christmas, officially released as Michael W. Smith & Friends: The Spirit of Christmas, is Smith's first duet album. Michael Whitaker Smith is an American musician who has charted in both contemporary Christian and mainstream charts. That Walker Theater Accoustics Structuring was not the best. Rick Pidcockis a 2004 graduate of Bob Jones University, with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Bible. He finally landed a record deal with Reunion Records and came out with his first album in 1983. Amy Grant still laughs when she remembers the first time she met an excitable Michael W. Smith in 1980. On his album "This Is Your Time", two of his songs were written for two of his daughters. What is the English language plot outline for The Second Chance (2006)? Back in 2013, when asked about the politics of gay marriage, she said, I never talk about anything like that., At the time, Ross Murray, senior director of the GLAAD Media Institute, found Grants interview to be somewhat circumspect. What kind of music to play? Michael W. Smith does a great job in his film debut with the new film "The Second Chance". Hoyt Sherman Place - Des Moines, IA. Michael W. Smith (@mwsmithofficial) Instagram photo. Ethan Jenkins (Michael W. Smith) and Jake Sanders (introducing Jeff Obafemi Carr) are both passionate pastors who worship the same God from the same book--but that's where the similarity end Ethan Jenkins (Michael W. Smith) and Jake Sanders (introducing Jeff Obafemi Carr) are both passionate pastors who worship the same God from the same book--but that's where the similarity ends. Michael W. Smith tribute concert:Billy Ray Cyrus, Charlie Daniels added to all-starlineup. Michael W. Smith is a wonderful human who definitely has God's anointing on his life!!! 2. His dad worked in an oil refinery and his mom was a caterer and church secretary. Smith and Grant, now in their early 60s, have lived much of that lifetime theyve sung about. Michael W. Smith Facts . We came "this close" to walking out. Ticket. Now, she talks about her and Gills plans to host her nieces wedding at their farm, which is her familys first bride and bride nuptials. Not only are you saving a child from poverty, but you are also saving a soul in the process. American Idol Finalists Who are Christian, MercyMe Biography of Christian Pop / Contemporary Band, Biography of Matt Maher, Christian Musician and Worship Leader, Getting to Know Christian Pop Band Newsong, The Death of Dottie Rambo, Southern Gospel Legend, Kirk Franklin Biography: The Story of a Gospel Legend, Michael is the husband of Debbie (since 1982) and the father of 5 children, Winner of 3 GRAMMY Awards (from 13 nominations), Named one of People Magazine's "50 Most Beautiful People", National Spokesperson for Compassion International, Received the Apostelos Christou Award for Distinguished Christian Leadership in April 2008 at Kings College and Seminary, Dove Male Vocalist of the Year - Michael has won this award once, Dove Artist of the Year - Michael has won this award three times, Dove Song of the Year - Michael has won this award twice, Dove Pop/Contemporary Album of the Year - Michael has four of these, Dove Inspirational Song of the Year - and two of these with one Inspirational Album of the Year, Dove Praise and Worship Album of the Year - and four of these, Dove Christmas Album of the Year - Smitty won his, Dove Instrumental Album of the Year - Michael won his first in 2013, Michael W. Smith Leaves Provident for Capitol Christian Music Group after 30 years (2013), President BushNames Michael W. Smith To Presidents Council on Service and Civic Participation, Michael made his big screen acting debut in February, 2006 in the movie, Come Thirsty with Max Lucado and Michael W. Smith - Sept. 2004, Michael W. Smith Nominated for GRAMMY - Feb. 2004. Whatever the relational dynamics may be between Smith and Grant, what if the love song theyve been singing together all these years actually is in some ways a song that shows the way of love when people disagree? Smith's willingness to collaborate with Grant includes sharing his stage clothes with her. What kind of cake you choose? But if we love God, we will seek to obey His Word. Michael W. Smith and Deborah Kay Davis are married for over 40 years!! However, once he was in college he found a new group of friends and started experimenting with alcohol, drugs and partying. Thus, right on cue, Graham used Grants welcome of her niece as a way to warn of eternal hell fire: For me, loving others also means caring about their souls & where they will spend eternity. Het ontwerp van Getty Images is een handelsmerk van Getty Images. What in the world! Toward the end of the film, theres a scene where Smith joins Grant on her farm. This is a great movie with a great and inspiring story about the diversities that are evident in a lot of today's churches. In 1981, he signed to Meadowgreen Music as a staff writer. The songwriter was born in Kenova, West Virginia, the son of an oil refinery worker and a caterer. The Post reported: In recent years, she has voiced support for the LGBTQ community, where she has had a large fan base for decades. They have been married for 35 years since 5th Sep 1981. Michael W. Smith and Amy Grant on her farm. Smitty has won several Dove and GRAMMY Awards, has topped Billboard charts and has sold over 15 million CDs. The acoustics were terrible. WebAbout Michael W. Smith. It's not that difficult to have a more balanced sound with this venue. The venue was perfect! Video from the TBN Produced SURROUNDED event. WebNeed ideas for a wedding? Unable to get a record deal, Smitty turned to drugs and alcohol for a short time before coming clean and renewing his faith in October, 1979. He and his wife were totally blown away by the monumental success of his signature song "Friends". Ethan Jenkins (Michael W. Smith) and Jake Sanders (introducing Jeff Obafemi Carr) are both passionate pastors who worship the same God from the same book--but that's where the similarity ends. WebLove Of My Life - Michael W. Smith - YouTube 0:00 / 4:01 Love Of My Life - Michael W. Smith gentry811 11.1K subscribers Subscribe 9.9K Share 4.2M views 12 years ago Love What kind of cake you choose? WebMichael W. Smith - Reckless Love (Live) Song featured on MICHAEL W. SMITH'S Album, 'AWAKEN: The Surrounded Experience' - available everywhere, February 22, 2019. In a 2013 interview with the LGBTQ news outlet PrideSource, Grant said she knew by the time she was 18 she had 40. @michaelwsmith That so very well match my Michael W. Smith 2 sweatshirt. Despite being a little overwhelmed by Smith's energy, Grant remembers coming away agreeing that Smith was a fresh, talented voice. Yet she kept going. 402 talking about this. Could it be there that Smith moves toward the quiet slowness of love as Grant reminds him and us: Love God and love each other. I mean, hey thats pretty simple.. What kind of wedding dress to buy? In September of that year, two days before his second anniversary, his first child Ryan was born. "She Walks With Me" for oldest daughter Whitney and "Anna" for middle daughter Anna. Its beautiful to have a place, but its more beautiful if you share it, Grant says. WebThey met in June and were married in September. In September of that year, two days before his second anniversary, his first child Ryan was born. Just bring a sleeping bag, a two-day picnic, and keep the fire going. Michael Whitaker Smith is an American musician who has charted in both contemporary Christian and mainstream charts. 61. At age ten he gave his life to Christ and he spent the remainder of his youth with a group of strong Christian friends. They have been married for 35 years since 5th Sep 1981. Michael W. Smith. The two walk side-by-side up a gravel road Smith in his camouflage hat and plaid shirt and Grant in a plain T-shirt toward a set of three cabins that Grant explains were moved there in 1896. Sat 7:00pm. Made one of People magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People in the World (1992). A really great concert full of Christmas joy and celebration. Iconic multi-platinum, singer and songwriter Michael W. Smith celebrates his 40th wedding anniversary with his wife Deborah "Debbie" Smith on Sept 5th. 1 Video. Smith." Nothing about who we are or what weve done. Hes such a good, sweet, kind man.". Grant will be a featured guest Tuesday at Bridgestone Arena for a tribute concert celebrating Smith's 35-year anniversary in the business. Michael W. Smith shines in his film debut! I love Michael W and Michael Tait. They have five children: Ryan Smith, Whitney Katherine Smith-Mooring, Tyler Michael, Anna Elizabeth, and Emily Allison. Anonymous, Other Works Amy Grant still laughs when she remembers the first time she met an excitable Michael W. Smith in 1980. I think it makesa really good combination.". Of course, this should come as no surprise to Graham. A decade after her cautious interview in support for LGBTQ persons, she came out in full support of the thing evangelical Christians fear the most: same-sex marriage. Michael W. Smith was born in Kenova, West Virginia. We ALL got to sing a long and it was very uplifting!!! Maybe its there that Smith will be drawn by Grants inner quiet and consider the fires of his own life that need tending, by moving away from the Christian Zioinism, Christian nationalism and threats of hellfire Graham decrees. Miljoenen beelden, videos en muzikale opties van hoge kwaliteit wachten op u. Maak gebruik van de wereldwijde schaalgrootte, data-gedreven inzichten en het netwerk van meer dan 340.000 makers van Getty Images om voor uw merk exclusieve content te creren. The music was amazing! At one point, Anna appeared on the radio show "20 The Countdown Magazine" and talked about the song with her father. 13,687 talking about this. Because I was invited to a table where someone said, Dont be afraid, youre loved. Gay. 6. What kind of cake you choose? Grant was then a student at Furman University. He gives 100% in his concerts. The authority of Gods Word is something we can never compromise on.. His wife Debbie wrote most of the lyrics on his debut album "Project" (1983). In a 2013 interview with the LGBTQ news outlet PrideSource, Grant said she knew by the time she was 18 she had Sun 7:00pm. "I've been there and done all that, sold millions of records, and that doesn't bring you peace." "In spite of the fact that Ive spent years singing about faith, I have a lot of uncertainty in my life. Much of her Christian fan base abandoned her, and she was shamed by the evangelical world that had made her a star. WebThe Spirit of Christmas, officially released as Michael W. Smith & Friends: The Spirit of Christmas, is Smith's first duet album. The two got introduced to each other by Grant's then boyfriend, Christian singer-songwriter Gary Chapman, who was writing for the same song publisher as Smith. We won't be back to another Michael W. Smith . (Photo by Terry Wyatt/Getty Images for Dove Awards) Get personalized pricing by telling us when, where, and how you want to use this asset. Her accolades now include six Grammy Awards, 26 Dove Awards and inductions into the Hollywood Walk of Fame, the Music City Walk of Fame and the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame. The music is simply heartfelt, transitioning one from this world of care and burden and work to a moment of release into a myriad of soulful bliss and worship. Michael Whitaker Smith is an American musician who has charted in both contemporary Christian and mainstream charts. 1999-2023 Ticketmaster. Wedding Photography Tel : 087-7767890 Line : Jr.Smith IG : smith.wedding.photography WebMichael W. Smith - Reckless Love (Live) Song featured on MICHAEL W. SMITH'S Album, 'AWAKEN: The Surrounded Experience' - available everywhere, February 22, 2019. Ticket. Michael W. Smith. Yes, we are to love God & love each other. Smitty continued to record albums, releasing them about a year or two apart. Dec 17. His song "I Wanna Tell the World" is a biographical song detailing the circumstances by which he met his wife Debbie. Drama. Reach Brad Schmitt at brad@tennessean.com or 615-259-8384 andon Twitter @bradschmitt. And Smiths friendship with Graham has led to an embrace ofChristian Zionism and Christian nationalism far from the image Grant projects. 5. Seven years ago, I wanted the farm to not just be a personal retreat. Graham, who leads both the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and Samaritans Purse, is an outspoken critic of progressive Christianity and LGBTQ persons. linktr.ee/mwsmithofficial Posts Reels Videos Tagged Show More Posts from mwsmithofficial Never mind that how the Bible frames marriage and its alleged pronouncements about same-sex relations are nothing like what Graham preaches. 402 talking about this. WebCHRISTMAS WITH Michael W. Smith (all tickets from 2022 rescheduled concert valid) Minneapolis, MN. On the bridge of the 1992 song, Grant sings, Somewhere alone, I will be praying you home, to which Smith echoes, Praying me home. Then the two of them join together singing, I know that somehow our love will lead me to your arms.. Grant also said she loves how Smith accepts her and others where they are. Theres oneYouTube videowhere theyre singing the song together in 2011 and Smith begins by saying, Its a little awkward. Retrieved from https://www.learnreligions.com/michael-w-smith-profile-709534. They have been married for 35 years since 5th Sep 1981. Iconic multi-platinum, singer and songwriter Michael W. Smith celebrates his 40th wedding anniversary with his wife Deborah "Debbie" Smith on Sept 5th. CHRISTMAS WITH Michael W. Smith (all tickets from 2022 rescheduled concert valid) Des Moines, IA. The sound in the upper section wasnt good. He finally landed a record deal with Reunion Records and came out with his first album in 1983. WebThe Spirit of Christmas, officially released as Michael W. Smith & Friends: The Spirit of Christmas, is Smith's first duet album. As the two of them sit there at Grants farm reflecting on their friendship and gentle reminders of fires that might need tending in their lives, one cant help but wonder what wasnt being said between the two of them, what both of them were thinking, given how their paths have diverged. Favorite baseball team is the Cincinnati Reds. WebNASHVILLE, TN - OCTOBER 13: Michael W. Smith and wife Debbie Smith attend the 46th Annual GMA Dove Awards at Allen Arena, Lipscomb University on October 13, 2015 in Nashville, Tennessee. Had done his album "Stand" (2006) in only 40 days. Even when I was discovering my own sexuality and meeting people that had a different experience, I didnt categorize then, and I dont categorize right now. Ticket. Michael W. Smith. @michaelwsmith That so very well match my Michael W. Smith 2 sweatshirt. For all my slowness, I love a little bit of chaos, she admitted in a later interview. MWS and team are simply a gift to us! Michael W. Smith is married to Deborah Kay Davis. WebMichael W. Smith (@mwsmithofficial) Instagram photos and videos mwsmithofficial Follow 2,152 posts followers Michael W. Smith Important links in my official linktree. WebMichael W. Smith became one of the most enduringly popular artists in the contemporary Christian music market while also finding success as a mainstream artist. CHRISTMAS WITH Michael W. Smith (all tickets from 2022 rescheduled concert valid) Des Moines, IA. "You gotta meet this guy," Chapman told Grant, then a junior at Vanderbilt University. Orpheum Theatre - Minneapolis, MN. Franklin Graham pitting himself against Grant puts one of their common lifelong friends in a rather difficult situation. 5. White and well-to-do Ethan is comfortable in his music ministry at the media-savvy subu Ethan Jenkins (Michael W. Smith) and Jake Sanders (introducing Jeff Obafemi Carr) are both passionate pastors who worship the same God from the same book--but that's where the similarity ends. - IMDb Mini Biography By: WebMichael W. Smith (@mwsmithofficial) Instagram photos and videos mwsmithofficial Follow 2,152 posts followers Michael W. Smith Important links in my official linktree. Smith." Smith has to know how Grant feels about LGBTQ people. And its the truth," Grant said. Are these differences something they talk about? 1:22. He was awarded a star on the Music City Walk of Fame in Nashville, Tennessee on April 22, 2007. MWS was totally awesome! Released on September 30, 2014, it features duets with Carrie Underwood, Lady Antebellum, Little Big Town, Jennifer Nettles, Martina McBride, Vince Gill, Bono, Amy Grant, and Michael McDonald. "Hes really talented.". Dec 17. This month, Grant became the first Contemporary Christian Music artist recognized for lifetime artistic achievements by the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, an honor commonly known as the Kennedy Center Honors. At age 5 he wrote his first song. WebCHRISTMAS WITH Michael W. Smith (all tickets from 2022 rescheduled concert valid) Minneapolis, MN. Hoyt Sherman Place - Des Moines, IA. WebDec 16. Although a Christian movie in most respects, the film is PG-13 so I would advise parents to use discretion when taking an children under 13. Whats more interesting now is to wonder what this brouhaha is doing to another contemporary Christian megastar Michael W. Smith. Orpheum Theatre - Minneapolis, MN. Michael is the husband of Debbie (since 1982) and the father of 5 children; 33 Number One Hit Songs; Career sales over 18 million; 2 Double-Platinum records; 7 Platinum records; 16 Gold records; Winner of 45 Dove Awards; Winner of 3 GRAMMY Awards (from 13 nominations) Founded Rocketown Records; Founded He is a stay-at-home father of five children and produces music under the artist name Provoke Wonder. 2. Michael W. Smith and Amy Grant on her farm. The release garnered him a GRAMMY nomination for Best Gospel Performance. Brentwood Baptist Church - 7777 Concord Road, Brentwood, Tennessee, USA. He joined Amy Grant's band as a keyboardist in '82 and the following year released his first album. Drama. Read our republishing, terms of use and privacy policies here. He and his wife Debbie were engaged in 3 1/2 weeks. Such a Christmasy, incredible night! Grant first met Smith in 1980 after her then boyfriend Gary Chapman introduced Smith to her. Sat 7:00pm. Michael W. Smith and Amy Grant on her farm. He has founded a teen club as well as a record label and written several books. American contemporary Christian musician Michael W. Smith is one of a select number of Christian artists who have managed to achieve crossover success with mainstream audiences. It's only when the two unite to work together that they realize they have truly done the Lord's work. Jesus told us, If you love Me, keep My commandments (John 14:15). tribute concert celebrating Smith's 35-year anniversary, Billy Ray Cyrus, Charlie Daniels added to all-star, Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy. Publicity Listings 4. Smitty continued to record albums, releasing them about a year or two apart. What if they actually mean the lyrics: Love is true andlove will be there when this is over even if it takes a lifetime? Ticket. Michael W. Smith. Hes a freelance writer based in South Carolina and a former Clemons Fellow with BNG. Released on September 30, 2014, it features duets with Carrie Underwood, Lady Antebellum, Little Big Town, Jennifer Nettles, Martina McBride, Vince Gill, Bono, Amy Grant, and Michael McDonald. Sun 7:00pm. In a 2013 interview with the LGBTQ news outlet PrideSource, Grant said she knew by the time she was 18 she had Watch the entire concert here: http://bit.ly/TBN_SURROUNDED Life is short. And that flame will warm the heart thats waiting.. Kim Jones is an ordained pastor and a co-founder of Road to Revelation, a Christian rock band. It means loving people enough to tell them the truth from the Word of God. But Ill tell you just the same that love will fan the flame. 61. linktr.ee/mwsmithofficial Posts Reels Videos Tagged Show More Posts from mwsmithofficial Jones, Kim. None of us are a surprise to God. Ethan Jenkins (Michael W. Smith) and Jake Sanders (introducing Jeff Obafemi Carr) are both passionate pastors who worship the same God from the same book--but that's where the similarity end Read allEthan Jenkins (Michael W. Smith) and Jake Sanders (introducing Jeff Obafemi Carr) are both passionate pastors who worship the same God from the same book--but that's where the similarity ends. The Official Michael W. Smith Facebook Page (Photo by Terry Wyatt/Getty Images for Dove Awards) Get personalized pricing by telling us when, where, and how you want to use this asset. Michael W Smith Christmas With Special Guest Michael Tait. I love getting up every day. The songwriter was born in Kenova, West Virginia, the son of an oil refinery worker and a caterer. They have five children: Ryan Smith, Whitney Katherine Smith-Mooring, Tyler Michael, Anna Elizabeth, and Emily Allison. What kind of music to play? There is some language, drug use and some violence. And then she turns to the audience and adds, But he is beautiful. And then the laughter changes to cheers from the women in the audience. By continuing past this page, you agree to our terms of use. My partner and I made the decision more than 20 years ago to adopt internationally instead of biologically reproducing. 1:22. Ethan Jenkins (Michael W. Smith) and Jake Sanders (introducing Jeff Obafemi Carr) are both passionate pastors who worship the same God from the same book--but that's where the similarity ends. Sun 7:00pm. Learn Religions, Oct. 20, 2021, learnreligions.com/michael-w-smith-profile-709534. On his 20th studio album, 2011s Glory, Smith enlisted a 65-piece orchestra to produce his most soaring collection of instrumental spiritual songs yet, landing him at No. Michael W. Smith Facts . He started performing with a Christian group called "Higher Ground" in 1981, the same year he met his wife Debbie. Jeff Carr, plays Jake Sanders, an inner-city preacher at the older and more urban church, Second Chance Community Church. This is all par for the course for Franklin Graham. He has had 31 #1 hits, his most recent being "Here I Am". The two worked together and toured together for the next three decades. https://www.learnreligions.com/michael-w-smith-profile-709534 (accessed March 5, 2023). And a bit of a hippy child," Grant said. (Photo by Terry Wyatt/Getty Images for Dove Awards), 1931 x 3000 px (16,35 x 25,40 cm) - 300 dpi - 1 MB. Michael W. Smith (@mwsmithofficial) Instagram photos and videos. Learn Religions. He was very lively with good stage presence and Wonderful songs!! Michael W. Smith Facts . He recently completed a Master of Arts degree in worship from Northern Seminary. Jones, Kim. Watch the entire concert here: http://bit.ly/TBN_SURROUNDED She might be the sweetest soul Ive ever known, Smith told the Washington Post for their interview with Grant. Want to share a story? But, overall, it was a great performance! 13,687 talking about this. As they approach a camp fire between the cabins, they settle down into a pair of wooden chairs to talk. We hope you will! "Anna" was actually written years before when she was very young and was inspired by her dressing up as a ballerina and dancing as her father played the piano. Of course, this should come as no surprise to Graham. Stroomlijn uw workflow met ons toonaangevende beheersysteem voor digitale bestanden. Perhaps its there that shes leaving a light in the dark for Smith by celebrating love and hosting her nieces wedding. In September of that year, two days before his second anniversary, his first child Ryan was born. She speaks in general terms of loving and accepting everyone throughout her musical career. He concluded, If Amy Grant continues on her journey to advocacy for LGBT people, she will be in good company., In a 2021interviewwith Hannah Juanita on Proud Radio, Grant said: Who loves us more than the one who made us? He became a Christian at the age of 10 and after graduation, moved to Nashville. 4 Photos. There was a great mixture of music and also great having Michael Tate there to sing also! (2021, October 20). Dec. 17. What if the somewhere far beyond today is Grants farm in Franklin, Tenn.? I rememberasking (Smith), Have you ever woken up in a bad mood, ever one time in your life? And he said, No.And its the truth.. Its a love song. Then Grant responds with, Youre a beautiful man. Sat 7:00pm. Together they have five children: Ryan, Whitney Katherine Mooring (married to Jack Mooring of the band Leeland), Tyler Michael It makes me realize I dont have any idea of what it would feel like every moment of my life to go somewhere and feel judged.. | In 1997, after confiding in Billy Graham that her marriage was troubled because her first husband had a drug habit and was unfaithful to her, she never was invited to share the stage with the evangelist again. Boards zijn de beste plekken om beelden en videoclips op te slaan. WebAbout Michael W. Smith. Were all our best selves when we believe to our core, Im loved. And then our creativity flourishes., Grant knows personally about being judged. Smitty continued to record albums, releasing them about a year or two apart. WebDec 16. 5. Writes the theme song for Kanakuk Kamp, near Branson, Missouri, every summer. WebThey met in June and were married in September. I think I understand a little bit of how they feel. He has to know how she feels about her niece. "Michael W. The Official Michael W. Smith Facebook Page Michael W. Smith Celebrates His 40th Wedding Anniversary. Verzamel, beheer en geef commentaar bij uw bestanden. WebMichael W. Smith (@mwsmithofficial) Instagram photos and videos mwsmithofficial Follow 2,152 posts followers Michael W. Smith Important links in my official linktree. Their friendship continues today asthey tour togethereach year during Christmas a 16-city tour currently under way and concluding just three days before Christmas. 402 talking about this. 4 Photos. "Being in that first meeting with him was like standing in front ofa fire hose idea after idea after idea," Grant said in a phone interview with The Tennessean. Wedding Photography Tel : 087-7767890 Line : Jr.Smith IG : smith.wedding.photography He finally landed a record deal with Reunion Records and came out with his first album in 1983. And that was before her nieces same-sex wedding on that very property. Hoyt Sherman Place. Video from the TBN Produced SURROUNDED event. It's like a flower. Michael W. Smith. | instagram.com. Michael W. Smith. Michael W. Smith Christmas. 8 on the Christian Albums chart. With permission, Grant went into Smith's wardrobe and grabbed a sharp white jacket, rolled the sleeves up and performed the show. Hoyt Sherman Place - Des Moines, IA. It was difficult to hear the singers (both Michaels and the back up singers) over the musicians. It does not matter., Who loves us more than the one who made us? Ticket. "I rememberasking him (once), 'Have you ever woken up in a bad mood, ever one time in your life?' Michael W. Smith. "Michael W. Has five children with wife Deborah "Debbie" Kay Davis - Ryan Smith, Whitney Katherine Smith, Tyler Michael Smith, Anna Elizabeth Smith and Emily Allison Smith. Ticket. Smith plays an associate pastor named Ethan, who leads quite a comfortable life under the sheltering wing of his father's suburban mega-church, The Rock. Her 1999 divorce from Gary Chapman set tongues wagging everywhere.