For understanding the significance behind themes, see ScholarGrades work here. Yup! Seriously people. Arpi Park . Arpi national park.jpg. Difficulty: Easy. Know that the big questions I ask still apply to the supplements. It has long been associated with fertility, rebirth, and love. All of this fits under his arc or application theme. It certainly wasnt my expectation to read about a dead bird lol. He even connects back to photography, which was mentioned earlier in his common app essay. so what happened to arpi park cuz of this? Arpi Park was a marketing intern at Curology, a website that provides skin-care medicine prescriptions. i think arpi park will probably be expelled as he should because he goes to school in the u.s., plagiarism is a huge deal in the u.s., if it's another country then maybe it's not as big of a deal, for example there are famous people in china who plagiarized entire novels and refused to even admit it or apologize until like ten years later and There are so many ways to take this prompt, and I dont really think theres a wrong way to approach it. Cookie Notice Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Emerald was one of Cleopatra's favorite gems. The list of things he is currently unsure about include: His major His religion/philosophy His classes for next quarter His name His next meal Everything Things Im thinking while reading this entire APP: What do I learn about this student, either implicitly or explicitly, in each part of the application? It makes her so angry when students cheat and I think its something that many academics take personally. Of course, this is purely speculation. She was featured in Arpi's YouTube video titled 'Who Knows Me Better? Warning: Contains spoilers for South Park: Return of COVID. At home, I volunteered at a summer school, Camp Pride, and started organizing a TEDx event (coming in November!). Historical moment or event One of Reverend George Whitefield's sermons. For more information, please see our One of my essays was inspired by Candide. The elevation of this open plateau is relatively high, meaning colder and windier weather . That's heavy stuff. The operator of Australia's Dreamworld theme park has been fined A$3.6m (2m; $2.5m) over the deaths of four people on a malfunctioning water ride. Arpi Park is 22 years old as of 2022. This does not influence our choices. The experience has grown from a simple memory to a lifelong mission. However, he has a brother, Joshua Park, who features in his YouTube videos. After 24 seasons, South Park permanently killed off the otherwise recurrently-dying Kenny in its special South Park: Post COVID for an interesting reason. Sitting in that service, I realized that Christianity is, in a way, the worlds greatest mass communications case study. 0:00. Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov - somehow makes the disturbing sound beautiful The Room directed by Tommy Wiseau - so bad but so watchable Freakonomics podcast - makes every car ride fascinating TED-Ed Youtube Channel - amazing lessons + amazing animations = amazing experience Reddit.com - front page of the internet. Alternatively, you can do just a day trip to Lake Arpi from Gyumri and stay in the city. Arpi's doesn't). When we arrived in Gyumri from Yerevan and met Naira (the worlds best tourism ambassador for her city and the Shirak region- seriously! 9 "Party Powder" Explosion At Taiwan Water Park. this is why i would never want to be a content creator especially with colleges. Ill touch upon that in his supplements. His net worth has increased with his popularity on YouTube. Terrible explanation, sorry. Yeah, same. Amasia village: Another fantastic place to visit in Shirak is Amasia village. It is known for its colorful houses and the Amasia Wool Factory. It is truly a beautiful little place and there is also a Lenin statue still there! Moreover, we learn that education is not meant for self-enrichment for him, but to inspire others with what he has learned. YES KING ARPI GO OFFF!!! (Surface-level would be something like I like to run yes, ok, but why? A cold freeze is the most likely scenario to occur. Man was my role model for years; I've watched his IHSA round recordings many times over. [I initially wrote this in the comments of his post, but then I decided that I wanted to write it here where potentially more people might see it]. I loovveee that dude. If you ignored it, youd be sending a message to all future applicants that plagiarizing a few sentences is okay as long as you dont get caught when you apply. Im guessing hell be suspended for a quarter and ordered to do 40 hours of community service. His challenge videos are 'Testing The Limits Of My Brother's Love' and 'Questioning My Girlfriend Uwu'. Because if he did add a part where he tried to show his compassion, it would probably ruin the flow of the essay so far. For both their sake and mine, I always try to be socially perceptive. This article contains incorrect information, This article doesnt have the information Im looking for, Arpi Park Net Worth, Earnings and Spending Habits, Other Interesting Arpi Park Facts And Trivia. His personality, I think, really shines through in his supps more than his common app essay. Both are insanely affordable (2000 AMD for a dorm bed in one). Prices vary for other places in the guesthouse. a collective of all the featured songs on his channel. From lino cutting to surfing to childrens mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon. Im sure this response is a favorite amongst Arpi fans. Lake Arpi National Park is split in three distinct sections and you should spend some time in each part. My favorites are :D, :(, and :P. Or better yet, we can just call! Thats a quality I think is harder to find nowadays. And Im glad that you were able to get something out of his content, and that you were able to put it to good use. It complements what he already has without touching his arc too much. Images just released show Paisley Park as a colorful, eclectic space that was the beloved home of Prince, where the superstar had relaxed, recorded music and threw parties. ), we told her our desire to visit Lake Arpi National Park. Heritage USA is an abandoned theme park in South Carolina, sitting in plain view and it's hauntingly beautiful. until Ive applied and committed to a place. Every great writer has been inspired by another, thats the beauty of writing. Lexyr Inc. 2020-2023 Terms of Service Cookie Policy Privacy Policy. This essay gives the why behind his extracurriculars, something that the 150 char description in the activities section could not have done, and something the AOs couldnt infer just by taking a glance at his ECs. Hopefully you can start to see a fuller picture of who Arpi is: a really thoughtful and easygoing person. Remember when that was a big story? Of course, emojis are a revolutionary form of communication. Youve written the most helpful college essay analysis Ive ever seen thank you so much! I dont think you really need to look too much into this, but if we must, the reader learns what he gave up along the way in his journey to become a better (or more shocking) communicator. Did it make me laugh, cry, smile, think, pause, etc? This was a great read, and really helpful too (I dont have the patience to watch someone read their essay aloud on youtube, but I find reading a lot easier, somehow). There are many places to visit in the area, but we definitely recommend the following: Cross-country skiing in Ashotsk: Close to Lake Arpi is one of Armenias adventure sports capitals, Ashotsk. There is a new cross-country ski center in Ashotsk that opened up last year and is worth a visit! I wrote a response that touches on how you would go about creating this cohesive narrative/arc throughout your essay in my really long reply to magicandbeyond. As an Airbnb Associate, we earn when you book through our links., 6 Diverse Cooking and Cultural Experiences in Gyumri (+ Shirak), 12 Great Guesthouses in Lori (for Hospitality, Food, & More! Sending hateful comments is an awful way to handle this situation, but people still need to be held accountable for their actions. Yet, the response excited me. He is best known for being a YouTuber. As a fellow writer, I agree with you OP! I skimmed this post because I was running late for something, but keep up the good work analysing the legends essays :). They (academics) take it seriously so hopefully seeing what Arpis dealt with will make it clear to a lot of kids on here. 2. It also lines up with his arc of being a communicator and how he does it (one his big ECs was speech). Im inspired by a lot of authors, but I find a way to make everything mine and authentic. The enthusiasm behind it is felt and acknowledged, and you can tell its authentic. What I like about this essay is that you really get a sense of the passion behind his fascination with reactions. Also your essays could be copied by others as well. I haven't actually seen anyone worship or support him on A2C after the plagiarism was revealed? All of this adds to his soft arc of wanting to be a more intentional listener. I wrote some really great essays. Also, this is a bird sanctuary and people travel from afar to witness the wildlife in the area, so be diligent and dont disturb them or do anything that can harm their habitat. Also, do not fly a drone around Lake Arpi. The rest of the essay serves as a montage. If we were to pick the perfect month to visit Lake Arpi, we would say anywhere from May-July. Do be aware that May can still be rather cold. This when the wildflowers are blooming and it truly is spectacular! In addition, you can rent a horse for the journey if you dont want to do it on food. In this paragraph, we start to understand his motivations behind his art, photography. This is a great trail for bikers, hikers, and those that enjoy wildlife and plant watching. It is situated at 1500-3100m above sea level and the lake and wetlands surrounding it are designated as a Ramsar Convention Protection Site (since 1993). I particularly love the lines where he acknowledges how Christians skillfully perform life-changing shows and how he wants to learn from it, and then follows up with how he mimics that kind of story telling. In July, Aram and I planned a last-minute trip to Gyumri, my favorite city in Armenia. We hopped on the train and were off. We were on a mission to see a few other sites in Shirak, but I filed Lake Arpi onto the probably not going to happen list. It made me laugh, I felt kind of strange while reading because I was shocked that he brought in a dead bird, and I was curious to learn how his story unfolded. Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Required fields are marked *. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents. This would be consistent with Stanfords standard punishment for first plagiarism offenses (granted, those policies mainly apply to academic plagiarism, but I think that would be an appropriate measure to take here). Starting point: Paghakn village Known for: Bird species, hiking trails, campground, and clean and untouched environment. They stopped following each other? IELTS, TOEFL, and learning English: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXzBHgxCJfU7. What I love most about this essay is that he took something negative and saw the positives within it. I actually like his videos but now with the whole essays thing idk what to even think any more. Arpi doesn't really know himself well, so don't expect much from this bio! The terrain across Shirak is primarily flat wetlands and water meadows through Lake Arpi National Park, transitioning to treeless steppe and rolling hills in the east. Arpi works at Stanford University as Chappell Lougee Scholar. Once again, another art form in which his desire to communicate and inspire shows. there are more than enough qualified, hardworking, smart, honest kids with better stats who didn't plagiarize and they deserve the spot more. That really showcases how excited he is to learn, because he literally copies what they do, just in a different form. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! Sure, we get that he loves seeing their faces reacting and whatnot, but how does it change his perspective or encourage him to do other unorthodox things (keeping with theme of subverting expectations)? How society somehow evolved so an entire generation became convinced that putting their whole life online for all to see and judge for eternity is beyond me. I really liked your thoughts on a soft arc and a hard arc, and although not every application has as much space for a nuanced narrative as Stanford does, it would be really interesting to read more from you about how one does this. Is it surface-level, or is it actually substantive? That being said, I'm sure all of you have the best essays in your application and wish you all nothing but the best but keep the excitement limited to decision reactions. I suppose theyre looking to see youre not just a robot during school, but you also are living life during your breaks. I must not have heard the photographer say Smile as he took the photo. We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content. album. The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. Mr. Mayor is an American sitcom television series created by Tina Fey and Robert Carlock for NBC.The series stars Ted Danson, Bobby Moynihan, Holly Hunter, Vella Lovell, Mike Cabellon, and Kyla Kenedy and premiered on January 7, 2021. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. I suffer from what is commonly referred to as Resting B*tch Face (RBF for short). Outside of school, I eagerly attend film festivals, art galleries, and TEDx events, searching for both the subjects and techniques for my next productions. I lost the bird long ago, but Show-and-Tell has stayed with me for yearsguiding my studies, leading my actions, giving me purpose. Do I feel anything while reading this? What I do think of this person as a whole from reading this application? A lot of people tell students to not go that far back in time in their essays, but Arpi obviously doesnt listen to that convention. what ended up happening to arpi park and the stanford ppl. Did Arpi Park get expelled from Stanford? By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Browse. Arpi if you ever see this just know that I still think you're funny asf and I'll keep watching your videos. He is a popular YouTube star in the same vein as Annie LeBlanc . Once again, we see this response hit his arc (more specifically, his soft arc). Repeat the process until your app is done and make sure you aren't highlighting the SAME dimension of the arc. This trail is a long one but has a few different spurs from it that will give you a different route for a couple of kilometers. r/ApplyingToCollege is the premier forum for college admissions questions, advice, and discussions, from college essays and scholarships to SAT/ACT test prep, career guidance, and more. As my classmates screamed in hysteria, I realized it may have been a mistake. Its a nice contrast from his essay in which only demonstrated that he wanted to communicate (that is, show and tell). The park is surrounded by the Yeghnakhagh mountains in the west and the Javakheti Range in the northwest. He was a consulting project analyst at Wikihow, Microsoft, and Sondors Inc. Arpi Park started his YouTube channel in December 2018 and has 270 million subscribers as of July 2022. Amazed, I wondered, How? In order to reserve a space at the guesthouse, you will need to call (+374 948 3 3190). Sorry. At the age of four, I fell in love with Show- and-Tell. If youre visiting Lake Arpi National Park from Yerevan, it is 165 kilometers away and there are plenty of places to stay in the area (we detail them at the end of the guide). I believe its ok to look at other authors and find yourself within them. How to get into Harvard Master's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tvoo9FXoFRQ3. This trail also starts in Ghazanchi and will pass through the Sepasar community crossroad to the mountain slopes in the area onward to Saragyugh ad Bavra before looping back to the Ghazanchi visitor center. Same. This was my favorite essay, primarily because I have RBF too. The Dinner Convo is a podcast that aims to bring together your favourite celebrities and influencers in order to reveal their path to success and simultaneou. Kidadl is supported by you, the reader. For more information, please see our As someone who cares deeply about connecting with others, it is incredibly frustrating when my face sends the wrong message. just because you come clean and say sorry doesn't mean you are now off the hook i know you think suspension and community service is enough of a punishment but there are tens of thousands of kids who applied to stanford who could've gotten admitted, expelling arpi seems only fair to those people who didn't plagiarize but i'm not trying to argue with you, we just have different views on this. I think theres a not-unsubstantial chance hell get expelled. Something important to recognize is the context of this application. You can tell hes a bit eccentric, very curious, and intensely driven. He plagiarized two essays pretty much in their entirety. RYAN, YOU CANNOT BRING DEAD ANIMALS TO SCHOOL!. I can write an essay telling a story about my love of words. It honestly serves as a pretty interesting introduction. We might not all be English majors or dedicate hours to reading noteworthy essays/works of nonfiction, but were all writers, each and every single one of us whove written something we find meaningful, whether it was for college applications or not. Sorry, this post has been removed by the moderators of r/ApplyingToCollege. I do not intend to make my pieces pretty, only impactful. View Arpi Park's email address (p*****@stanfo***.edu) and phone number. It opened with an emotional musical performance, setting the tone for the rest of the night. Did I actually resonate with this person through this essay? My guess is that AOs felt a similar sense of calm and happiness when they read this response. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. I honestly dont think I need to go in that deep of an analysis here since the main point of this post was to talk about his arc. Whether you're accepted to Stanford or the college of shoe-lace tying, keep yo goddamn essays w u. You just have to believe it. Following suit, my own grotesque photography discomforts audiences but also provokes thought. did we ever learn what happened to arpi park? To make up for my disadvantage, I must be constantly conscious about how people feel. He posts his self-written poetries through videos named 'A Love Letter To My Right Hand', 'Honey Nut Cheerios- a poem about growing up Asian-American', and 'A Poem about the Midwest named 'Ode to Ope', which have cumulative 183,000 views as of July 2022. Thing is, maybe the school will want to be overly harsh to make an example for future applicants. While friends Stan and Kyle responded to these deaths, Kenny appeared at the beginning of . You have subscribed to: Remember that you can always manage your preferences or unsubscribe through the link at the foot of each newsletter. r/ApplyingToCollege is the premier forum for college admissions questions, advice, and discussions, from college essays and scholarships to SAT/ACT test prep, career guidance, and more. Whatever goes. He admitted in his post that he used the entire paragraph structure. I then realized I had a problem. However, while my RBF has caused some difficulties, it has also provided strengths. With an extra hour, I could return to where it all started: drawing with mom. He posts videos about a variety of topics and also features his brother and girlfriend in them. Arpi Park also makes YouTube videos about his lifestyle, which are named 'My Fall Quarter', 'The K-pop Boy Fetish', 'What Happens At 3 am:0', 'Preparing For School For Once', and 'A College Room Tour'. Sad to see a persons whole future shattered just like that, but consequences are consequences. Earlier I mentioned that he had a soft theme. Arpi Park's birthstone is Emerald. Answering the why part is what can give your answer nuancenamely substance.). My voice is not limited to spoken words, however. We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. One criticism I have would be to showcase a little more care for the bird itself as opposed to wanting to immediately showcase it, but upon reflection, I think the essay does fine without it. Arpi Park Birth Name: Arpi Park Occupation: YouTuber Born In: United States Birthdate: May 21, 2000 Age: 22 years old (as of 2023) Ethnicity: Unknown Nationality: American Sexuality: N/A Arpi Park was born on the 21st of May, 2000. Doubt hell get excepted into anything more than a community college after that. Will he keep posting videos once in every 6 or 7 months? i mean if stanford wants to be known as the cheater school who welcomes plagiarism then i guess that's their choice. Receiving my 9th grade ID card, I nearly jumped when I saw my picture. Arpi Park ( @Arpi Park ) is a junior at Stanford studying Symbolic Systems and the VP of Marketing at Stanford Pre-Business Association. He celebrates his birthday on May 21. He has over ~270K subscribers on YouTube Video Language: English Subscribe for more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9SVR6r_HzSYVMHJpfXCeSw?sub_confirmation=1 How to get into Top Universities Series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-2MDooxU4Y\u0026list=PLLxPG3ipxyWtOt7Dej1YcLVHSis_n7dltTimestamps:00:00 - Intro01:20 - Why study symbolic systems02:00 - How to not let social media take over your time04:30 - How to manage deadlines05:39 - Does YouTube hamper other pre-professional ambitions07:20 - Does YouTube help academic ambitions?09:00 - Does YouTube change social life?12:05 - Pros \u0026 Cons of YouTubing15:20 - Should you monetize habits?18:00 - Failures at Stanford22:07 - Advice for YouTubers () Bangladeshi Perspective Complete Interviews: https://bit.ly/BPComplete Write to me: https://allmylinks.com/seeamshahidnoor Most Popular Uploads:1. Throughout Arpis application, he continuously talked about how he wanted to shock others, but we never really understood what shocked Arpi. Lake Arpi (Armenian: . Here, hes eager to learn to listen and wait. We start with a little more background on why he picked that bird for his show-and-tell. Difficulty: Moderate/Difficult. Never before had I seen a group of people so movedand from my doing. Genuinely heart breaking considering his potential and the amount of work he put it for those essay scores and grades. I couldnt predict a dead bird. Privacy Policy. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. He was a part of the Stanford Pre Business Association (SPBA) and Hume's Oral Communication Tutor (OTC). You can say more sleep if you want. Pip Pirrip was a part of South Park as early as the unaired pilot episode. Stanfords standard punishment for first plagiarism offenses. 9. Your privacy is important to us. Earlier in the essay he alluded to different mediums, but now hes taking the step to really showcase why these mediums are important to him. it's not fair to the kids who did everything the right way, who worked just as hard if not harder, and are just as smart and qualified to get rejected while someone who plagiarized got admitted. In SPBA, he was the Vice-President of marketing and operations, serving in each department for seven months. But mostly I didnt really think about him that much, if it all. You know, a long while ago, I watched one of Arpis videos about his essays, and I thought, hey, I can do that. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. If youd like to see more sites on the way to Lake Arpi, dont miss out on the gorgeous Marmashen Monastery on the way from Gyumri to the park. Kate Goodchild, Luke Dorsett, Roozbeh Araghi . I can guarantee you that my essay does not sound like its written by a 12th grader. From those arcs, we get a sense of his purpose and why he pursued the things he did in high school, while also getting a sense of his personality (funny, quirky, eccentric, intentional and careful, open-minded, etc.). In a lawsuit filed in Manhattan federal court late on Tuesday, and first reported on by Reuters, Cooper claimed that Franklin Templeton wrongfully fired her as an insurance portfolio manager. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. SAT 1540 Routine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1qFK0Q6B688. Everybody be big dumb in their own way, even at T5s. Something important to recognize is the context of this application. Alt. 10/10 good work, Best essay Ive seen on youtube imo. Idea or experience that makes you excited about learning. Girlfriend :0' which has over 486,00 0views as of July 2022. Below are the 4 hikes at Lake Arpi. Along the route, you will see an option of two other trails you can take that would lead you to Dari Surb or the mineral springs in Ashotsk. We detail some of the best hikes and trails at Lake Arpi in a section below. What do you read, listen to, or watch? By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more. I thought this essay was a pretty pleasant read. Liked Songs. My eassy was incoherent mess. Its an interesting contrast while still being humorous (see: a generous 10% on Rotten Tomatoes). The Lake Arpi hike starts at Ghazanchi and goes through Aghvorik, Alvar, Akhuryan River Gorge, the tourism center at Mets Sepasar, and back to the visitor center at Ghazanchi. Unless you've got a time machine, that content is unavailable. Plagiarism is plagiarism, and I think most of us have been taught well enough to know that even a little isnt okay. What happened to Arpi Park? This spirit takes me to the stage, pushing me to show through public speaking. Do you have a story that a) answers the prompt and b) hits your arc somehow? Brother vs. i think arpi is funny but some arpi fans put him on too high a pedestal. However, there is one limit to my expression: I never send emojisand I beg that you do the same. If youre keen to order breakfast at Lake Arpi, you can do so for 2500 AMD per person. The breakfast will consist of (but is not limited to) local honey, butter, 2 eggs, homemade cheese, bread (also Armenian lavash), matsun, and milk. i think arpi park will probably be expelled as he should because he goes to school in the u.s., plagiarism is a huge deal in the u.s., if it's another country then maybe it's not as big of a deal, for example there are famous people in china who plagiarized entire novels and refused to even admit it or apologize until like ten years later and even then they only "apologized" because other famous ppl signed a petition to tell them to (it's crazy in china because the chinese court of law had already ruled that they plagiarized, but the plagiarizers simply refused to admit it and refused to apologize and continue to be famous lol), so i think the fact that arpi did take responsibility and admit his mistakes and apologized is commendable, but yeah even though he admits to his mistakes and apologized it doesn't mean he doesn't need to receive the appropriate consequences. Check your inbox for your latest news from us. If youre seeking activities and information, the info center at Paghakn will be of great use to you!