Skip to Content MASTERCARD BENEFIT INQUIRIES Your benefits may vary by card type and by issuing financial institution. Otherwise, I think that this credit card is really great: Number26. On our special portal for clever banking in Germany we always refer to the Viabuy MasterCard that you order in Germany! Do you believe that German consumers are generally debt averse? We value your trust. No fees after purchase (including dormancy, service or other fees). Thank you for the nice info. do not work overseas. Because I only configure a direct debit for Amex, theres no bank to talk. Maestro cards work on a single-message debit system, where when you swipe your card, the money moves from your bank account to the merchant. You have money questions. Anyway, it is the cards that you can order the easiest way (online identity check) and is also mailed to England. Thanks in advance! Hanseatic Bank GenialCard 2. We tailor our range of products specifically to the German market, so check in with us regularly to see our quickly growing catalogue for Germany. When presenting a gold or platinum card, no special status is granted. Standard Bank South Africa MasterCard Credit Card (Gift Card) 5268: Landesbank Berlin (Germany) MasterCard Credit Card: 5274 55: Rubycard Pre 5280 61: BMO Bank of Montreal MasterCard Prepaid Travel . If you would like any changes regarding existing cards, please contact your bank directly. Make sure to redeem your gift card code within 6 months after the purchase. It is issued by the German BW Bank (Landesbank Baden-Wrttemberg) and comes with an easy and fast online application. Im really upset given that this situation was poorly handled by the banks employee. Complete the checkout process safely and quickly with a choice of more than 70 payment methods. Hi Sarah! You can also get a prepaid card at a post office. Your online payments are fully secured, with the extra 3D Secure security layer. 2. Maybe you could simply talk again to another employee of your bank? No, your virtual prepaid card is not reloadable and cannot be transferred. 8. Yvonne was born and raised in Germany and has lived in the United States, France, and Spain. Each card in this comparison has its pros and cons, and it depends on your anticipated usage (how often, for how long, with how much balance, etc. Some of the best International Visa gift cards include: AAA MemberPay Visa Prepaid Card Green Dot Prepaid Visa Card TD Connect Reloadable Prepaid Card (fewer fees if you're already a TD cardholder) If you'll be spending a good amount of time in any of those three countries, it may be a good idea to get a Maestro card, but if not, you may not need to. There are plenty of offers without credit card fees. gebuhrenfrei is a good option as they dont charge extra if you pay with your card in non-Eurozone countries. With a credit card, you can withdraw money at any ATM worldwide. Dear Tanja, I am considering to request an american express platinum for the following reasons: You might be able to buy a gift card at Amazon.de. Most banks require a place of residency within Germany and a regular salary payment. Any help would be deeply appreciated and credited. A virtual Prepaid Mastercard is the perfect prepaid solution for any internet shopper. But, there are some limitations there, as well. The Visa PayangoCard is a debit card with the functionality of a prepaid credit card. From my point of view, it is not particularly attractive, because it only includes insurance services for the annual fee of currently Euros 250. This topic has been automatically closed due to a period of inactivity. Credit card companies do not like the bursting of a direct debit at all, because the manual processing is expensive and they become worried about the repayment. 2023 Bankrate, LLC. If the current account should not have sufficient funds, then there will only apply the much more favourable overdraft interest. 5,98 euros) +1,75% foreign currency fee on non-euros ATM cash withdrawal 1,75% foreign currency fees no English website for the prepaid card. First, you need to register your card for 3D Secure on portal.allgogioftcard.com. Bankrate has answers. I moved to Berlin around 6 months ago and I found your page very helpful with settling into Germany (opening an account and payment methods). Is it really German card? There are a few variations, e.g. We offer prepaid Mastercard Gift Cards in a variety of patterns and designs. So, I will pay the full price for the furniture, and the total amount will be directly debited from my account? See Rewards Program Terms for details and restrictions. I was Platinum Business customer in 2012-2013 as a summary Id like to say, what American Express Germany does best, is marketing. Now these ones you can register a zipcode. Prepaid cards, a type of debit card issued by a bank or credit card company, can be used to make purchases, pay bills, or . Without annual fee, and without international service fee. The German head office of AMEX in Frankfurt/M. Often, new providers come to Germany from abroad and offer different credit cards. We cannot say anything regarding HypoVereinsbank, since we are not customers there. For example, you can buy prepaid card at the gas station. Just call your bank before you leave to let them know you'll be using it overseas. Again, this is no real credit card within the meaning of the name, but said colloquially. Can you buy gift cards with a credit card? Best of luck! PPRO Financial Ltd and with that Viabuy have bases in several European states. Can I find on the market something similar, with the same benefits, at lower price? The complaints regarding the blocking of amounts are in part due to the fact that some people overlook (or have forgotten) that deposits from own or known accounts are credited immediately, but payments from strange accounts (i.e. Yes, this is a very interesting question many thanks! Yet a prepaid credit card is a great alternative or supplement for a proper credit card, as it is easy to get, especially for expats, who do not have a credit score yet. I guess that the credit card offering by the Commerzbank is good, but probably not the best (we focus on the best German offerings here ). Join the project Together for the Wild Nature by buying a card with WWF Eco GiftCard layout at some of our front offices. We don't want store-specific cards, but rather something good as close to anywhere in Germany as possible. More and more card readers in the retail business are being changed accordingly. On site, they allow you to withdraw money from ATMs or serve as security deposits for rentals. This could be different insurance companies depending on the customers requirements. Viabuy has been founded by very smart people, who cleverly used the laws and regulations within the European Union, Germany and Great Britain. The premium cards in Germany advertise primarily travel insurance, no FX fees, and sometimes Priority Pass access. Therefore, it is difficult to give a permanently valid overview. However, Visa does offer some gifts cards that can be used abroad through banks, such as the PNC Bank Visa Gift card. Other factors, such as our own proprietary website rules and whether a product is offered in your area or at your self-selected credit score range can also impact how and where products appear on this site. American Express is partly still expensive. To online shopping lovers, it's time to save big right now. Many customers are willing to pay a higher annual fee for the credit card, if they feel that they get help in an emergency or replacement for damage. Think no foreign transaction fees. Free Credit Cards in Germany - 2023 - Banks Germany Free Credit Cards in Germany - 2023 Last Checked :January 7, 2023 Gebuhrenfrei Mastercard Gold 2. Our editors and reporters thoroughly fact-check editorial content to ensure the information youre reading is accurate. Is the N26-bank worthwhile for foreigners? Consistently provide up-to-date, reliable market information so you're well-equipped to make confident decisions. At direct banks, the credit card is provided in almost all cases free of charge in addition to the current account. I resist in Lithuania, but shipping is not an issue, because there are some service providers who gives you an address in Germany, so I can use it for shipping my purchased goods. Lets take a look. If one only pays the minimum amount, which is sometimes only Euros 25, then one accumulates credit card debt on the credit card account. * Order Your Card Already have a PayPal Prepaid Card account? It also comes with an easy and fast online application. Our goal is to help you make smarter financial decisions by providing you with interactive tools and financial calculators, publishing original and objective content, by enabling you to conduct research and compare information for free - so that you can make financial decisions with confidence. Do you know which banks offer them? The fee model for this card is less than any other provider. The background is that the fees for a credit card payment must be paid by the payee. Your bank decides if its cards work with Google Wallet. Stores like Gallerian Kaufhof, Karstadt, Douglas, H&M, etc. These cookies allow us to provide you our service better. Germany still remains as one of the most cash-intensive advanced economies on earth. The billing address you entered at the merchant website is not the same as the one you entered when you created the virtual card in your account. It is based on standards and agreements developed by the German Banking Industry Committee.. German girocards are usually co-branded with Mastercard's Maestro/Cirrus or Visa's V Pay logo, allowing cardholders to use them in other European countries. However, some gift cards can be used at select international locations. However, you will become a customer of a bank that checks the customer more into detail as a prepaid provider: New: PayCenter offers a full Online current account with MasterCard. Do we have to inform the bank in person every time we travel or can we do this online ourselves? Open N26 bank account online all you need to know! with the Polish PLN-Viabuy Card. Get ourFREEguide with 7 actionable hacks to save money while living in Germany. They are for our teenage grandchildren who moved there over the summer. In this guide, we will review and compare the best prepaid credit cards in Germany without a SCHUFA credit check, here is a quick summary: After reading this guide, you will have a better understanding of why a prepaid credit card is a good option, and you will be able to pick the right provider for your usage and needs. Ive tried several LT cards, UK card, also paypal.. the same problem. In contrast to the USA, one does not have to work for or earn the credit card colours through years of payments. The following credit cards have no annual or monthly fee. What are the best prepaid credit cards in Germany? Santander 1 plus Visa Card Apply for Salander 1 plus Visa Card 4. Minimal card fees are welcome. . 1. But this is something you are already familiar with from the U.S., anyway. thank you for your nice posting! The motivation of the financial industry is to earn more money from the customer. Our US cards work rather well in Germany. We follow strict guidelines to ensure that our editorial content is not influenced by advertisers. VIMPay. In cases like this, having gift cards or a prepaid card that you can transfer cash onto could be a quick way to ensure uninterrupted purchases. Hi Tanja, (English speaking), Open an online-current account in Germany this is possible here . The content created by our editorial staff is objective, factual, and not influenced by our advertisers. The average private Viabuy customer will in 99.9 percent of the cases not be confronted with this and can use account and card comfortably and reliably. That depends at product, price and shop. Train the Barclaycard How to push your credit line to Euros 9,500! Home equity line of credit (HELOC) calculator. Debit cards are the most widely used bank cards in Germany. Can you recommend which bank in Germany offer that? For this reason, most branded gift cards are US-bound. Here's an explanation for how we make money Hence why I never opened a traditional bank account in Germany and went with more modern N26, where I don't pay anything and get both Maestro and Mastercard cards, free of charge. She said that she would call me back or that she would send me an email, as I preferred. Extra Card Speed: 5/5 Account and Cards: 4/5 Costs: 2.5/5 Service: 4/5 RESULT 3.8 03/2023 Free credit card with credit line 0,- annual fee - permanent The Joker MasterCard is a prepaid card, this means that prior to any use it must be loaded. Mastercard | A World Beyond Cash | Leader in Global Digital Payment Solutions & Technology Mastercard ist ein weltweiter Pionier in Zahlungsinnovation und -technologie, der Milliarden von Verbrauchern, Emittenten und Unternehmen weltweit miteinander verbindet. PayangoCard 4. If you just take an American Express card, you won't get to use it in many places. He should be able to use Visa card in most of the stores but he has to make sure he sees the visa banner on the door. As with all credit cards in Germany with a credit limit, the amount of the credit limit depends . I have been living in Germany for three years now, first as a student and now with a stable job. Instructions! The only possibility that I see is this card here: https://www.deutscheskonto.org/en/viabuy/ (delivery will be to Lithuania). Click to view all of the codes now. can you tell me which company will offer very high credit limit? With some it works, with others not yet. Bankrate, LLC NMLS ID# 1427381 | NMLS Consumer Access Thanks a lot for your help and glad to know I havent missed something! TF Bank Mastercard Gold 3. 2 See Terms and Rates for New Accounts.. 3 Important information on redeeming Cash Rewards: You need to . This data in aggregate form is used to improve our websites and apps. Generally, VISA and Mastercard credit cards are the most widely accepted cards in Germany (apart from debit cards). However, most other payment platforms now rely on dual-message debit and credit cards, where when you swipe your card, your bank makes a "promise" to the merchant that the money will be there. He should call his bank. Our team is full of a diverse range of experts from credit card pros to data analysts and, most importantly, people who shop for credit cards just like you. Plus, add your card to Apple Pay or Google Pay to spend and save with confidenceright from your phone. I look forward to your feedback, in case youll give it a try. Choose from pink, yellow, purple or green Virtual Mastercard designs. But both of them denied my application. Visa and Mastercard are widely accepted in Germany. Create a Custom Card Pre-designed Gift Cards Save time and choose from 100's of unique designs perfect for all occasions. Our vision is that buying prepaid cards online should be easy, fast and convenient. A few specific Mastercard gift cards for international use include the following: Visa is not widely accepted as there is another local card system (EC) that are the first choice. Sometimes, the brands disappear after some time from the market. Hi Tanja, Visa and Mastercard credit cards are the most widely accepted credit cards in Germany. That did not change any of the problems, though. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. With a credit card loan, one can bridge a financial drought well, as the credit line has already been approved and one can pay back a loan at any time to save the quite expensive interest rates. Hes stuck there because he cant touch his funds..Please can someone help me so i can tell my husband what to do.. The due date for the payment was a Monday and on the previous Friday I went to the bank asking them to correct the amount to be debited from my account. Our editorial team receives no direct compensation from advertisers, and our content is thoroughly fact-checked to ensure accuracy. Online loans in Germany tested and the benefit for you! The transfer has to be made to a BW Bank account with the mentioning of your credit card number. One simply arranges with the credit card company that the credit card balance should be drawn at the date of payment by SEPA direct debit (SEPA-Lastschrift). 1. My husband is in Germany right now and he cant use his credit card anywhere its a U.S. credit card..What can he do? While most gift cards can only be used domestically, Mastercard and Visa debit cards, prepaid or otherwise, can usually be used anywhere. As of April 1, 2012, federal regulations made it difficult for gift cards sold within the United States to be used elsewhere. Our experts have been helping you master your money for over four decades. The Novum Bank offers a no-fee Mastercard with credit limit: you can apply for it online and receive your virtual credit card immediately after the application. Purchase physical Gift Cards and eGift Cards online today in just a few easy steps. 1. I am going to skip it only this month. What are common reasons why this Prepaid Mastercard is declined? Therefore, this compensation may impact how, where and in what order products appear within listing categories, except where prohibited by law for our mortgage, home equity and other home lending products. This is the only card in this comparison that does not have embossing and thus might be identified faster as a prepaid credit card. When you click on the links of products we mention in this article and purchase it we will receive a small commission. In this case, theres no purpose to have a credit card. Usually for me is: the seller asks for how many instalments I want, then he configure the credit card machine with the total amount and the instalments I choose, and thats it, he receives all the money at once from the credit company, I pay in the number of instalments that I choose in that moment.